1. samkfj
    samkfj
    You can do it, little bro!
    Mar 3, 2019
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Thanks man!
    Mar 3, 2019
    The Stranger and BadLittleSeed like this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Wrong, you need to say the opposite, to make him want to show us he can do it! :p :D
    Mar 3, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  4. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    We have a master of reverse psychology here :D
    Mar 3, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    *stupid troll :p
    Mar 3, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Nevertheless, reverse psychology works on me too well :( My mom told me that when I'd grow adult, I'd find a wife and move out of her flat... Currently I'm still single with no intention of finding a girlfriend, because Czech girls are 70% trash.
    Mar 3, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    JK, not really trash... Just not something I can trust.
    Mar 3, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Prenups usually do the trick for that.
    Mar 3, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    In our country you can only protect what you own before the marriage. But that's irrelevant, since I don't have anything. I am not worried about divorce. My father would have had a peaceful divorce, because him and his wife respected each other, they just weren't meant for each other.
    Mar 3, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    What I'm talking about are basic values of human civilization though. Honor, honesty, reliability and sincerity. The vast majority of people... Not just here though, gotta admit, it's spreading worldwide... These values are disappearing.
    Mar 3, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's really interesting. The society is in the all-time top. Tech advancement is increasing. Health is increasing and the lifespan is increasing... Yet... The people themselves are getting worse. It reminds me of a scientific experiment, in which someone created an utopia for rats. He hoped they'd thrive. And they did, until one point they suddenly started dropping until they died out.
    Mar 3, 2019
  12. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Well, that is a pretty pessimistic way to look at life. There are people of the opposite sex (or same sex) that hold similar values to yours. The fact that you may not have found the one yet doesn't mean she/he doesn't exist. It just means that hold values that are slightly different than the norm, that's all.
    Mar 3, 2019
    samkfj and The Stranger like this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    You may find this interesting.
    Mar 3, 2019
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg You're romanticising our ancestors way too much. Do you honestly believe that modern man is so different from those that walked this world thousands of years ago? Because I can tell you right now that it's not true. Those values you talked about? Yeah, they've always been ideals to strive for, but have never been reality.
    Mar 3, 2019
    samkfj likes this.
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Not really.
    Humans are not individualists. They need each other to survive. And if you need each other to survive, you will not betray each other unless you want to die. It's necessity. Not ideal.
    In 2019 in cities though the situation is different. Women are strong and independent and help can cost you severely. Instead of necessity we now rely on morals and law.
    Mar 3, 2019
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg Mate... people have never been 100% loyal and faithful to one another. God only knows where you're getting this crazy idea from. People have been dicking each other over petty crap since time immemorial, it's not a modern creation.
    Mar 3, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  17. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    So, you think no longer scraping by and doing things purely to survive is a bad thing?
    Mar 3, 2019
  18. Poryg
    Poryg
    We're never 100%. But I never said we were. In fact if you tell one lie in a sea of truths, that doesn't inherently make you a liar. What is important is what you do when it matters the most.
    Mar 3, 2019
  19. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    But people acted similar to modern folks throughout history. There was never a time where people behaved in an idealistic fashion. We were always stabbing each other in the back, cheating, blackmailing, being selfish, etc. Well, people might've been less prone to this in small tribes.
    Mar 3, 2019
  20. Poryg
    Poryg
    As for the second question, yes and no. For humans scraping by is always an additional incentive to invent. When in 1970s-1980s lack of food was about to hit the humanity, they invented a method to modify trees to produce 4x as much fruit for example. Wars are the greatest concentrators of inventions as well, not just for war.
    Mar 3, 2019
  21. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg We sill have countless obstacles to overcome. Why do you think modern folks are no longer inventing new things? I mean, it's objectively untrue. As we speak, people are inventing new things, while many more people research new ideas to overcome disease, better utilise nature, and even overcome our limitations.
    Mar 3, 2019
  22. Poryg
    Poryg
    Not to mention the political impact of people having so little problems to solve is having. Widston Churchill once said that a 5 minute talk with an average voter is the best argument against democracy. Yet these average voters now get more involved in politics than ever before, bringing additional chaos to an already tense situation.
    Mar 3, 2019
  23. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    'Not to mention the political impact of people having so little problems to solve is having.' Erm.. what? People still have problems. You think that just because most folks in the west no longer have to worry about certain types of disease, frequent food shortages, or having their homes pillaged by invading armies that they have no burdens to carry? I honestly don't know what to say.
    Mar 3, 2019
  24. Poryg
    Poryg
    Where have I said that invention has stopped?
    The only thing I have said is that people scraping by are more incentive for invention. And even more during war times, even though it may sound absurd at first.
    Mar 3, 2019
  25. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    And, in all honesty, I don't really care what Churchill had to say on the nature of democracy. Just because people sometimes vote to do things other groups of people dislike, doesn't mean democracy is bad. Far better than some of the alternatives.
    Mar 3, 2019
  26. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg No, I know how war contributed to medical progress, so the idea of it being a motivator isn't absurd. Unfortunately, it also comes with countless downfalls.
    Mar 3, 2019
  27. Poryg
    Poryg
    If I elaborated on my point, that would be discussion about politics, so I'm not entirely sure I will elaborate. But believe me or not, I did not mean to talk about pillaging houses and diseases, although black death was certainly a huge issue in past. Nevertheless, I'm going to state several examples.
    Mar 3, 2019
  28. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If it's gonna get political it'd be best to not continue posting. After all, politics are not allowed in the public forum.
    Mar 3, 2019
  29. Poryg
    Poryg
    My main concern btw. is not politics. But the unreasomable activism, activities people can justify behind activism and the politicians actually listening to these activists instead of punishing them when they go overboard. We now have 62 genders, worry about global warming as a problem instead of a thing that would happen inevitably...
    Mar 3, 2019
  30. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    But climate change is a problem. I agree with the whole gender thing, though. Our activists are somewhat more civil than activists throughout history. American activists ended up triggering a revolution and forming the USA. lol. Luckily, we aren't being ruled by ANTIFA at the moment. :p
    Mar 3, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  31. Poryg
    Poryg
    We have real problems. For example obsolete educational systems are an issue. Lack of nationalism is an issue, because if people aren't proud of their country, who will defend it in times of need? And the fact that we cannot even defend ourselves nowadays... That's some serious issues, but nobody tries to solve them.
    Mar 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  32. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Soooo....@MushroomCake28, congrats on being so close to the finish line! I'm excited for you ^^
    Mar 3, 2019
  33. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Nationalism has become something of a dirty word. People equate it with Nazism and other extreme things. Of course, it doesn't have to be so extreme. I do believe people should value their country and culture, but not to the extent that they think they are superior in all ways. Education is another issue I agree with you fully on. Really crappy public schools over here.
    Mar 3, 2019
  34. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Mar 3, 2019
  35. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not sorry a tiny bit, because I do it all the time :D
    Mar 3, 2019
  36. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Mar 4, 2019