Comments on Profile Post by JtheDuelist

1. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    The secret isn't to make a good game (although it helps). The secret is advertising.
    Mar 16, 2019
    GolfHacker and BadLittleSeed like this.
  2. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    I wanna eventually make a game, but my focus is learning how to make appealing assets, and sell THOSE at various places :3 .
    Mar 16, 2019
  3. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    Mar 16, 2019
    MushroomCake28 and BadLittleSeed like this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    Unfortunately, effectively advertising the product you want to sell is about half of the work you need to do to be successful. Having connections isn't necessary to start the process, but you will need to learn that plus a bunch of other skills.
    Mar 16, 2019
    GolfHacker and BadLittleSeed like this.
  5. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Is there anything you can tell me about the game Itch?
    Mar 16, 2019
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    The game isn't called itch. JtheDuelist is talking about selling the game on itch.io.
    Mar 16, 2019
  7. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    I just found out why they took so much out of my payout- it was a one-time fee for the tax interview you had to do.
    Mar 16, 2019
  8. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh yeah! I forgot about that. It's new, they put it in to make sure they could comply with the new tax laws that involve internet business.
    Mar 16, 2019
  9. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Went to an indie game exhibition in my country. They were commercial games, and even if I think my game still has a lot to polish and flaws to cover, it deserves to be showcased there.
    Mar 16, 2019
    Shaz likes this.