Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

  1. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    yeah it does. Get well
    Mar 20, 2019
  2. evmaster
    evmaster
    Did you get your flu shot? Just curious, I've heard people get the flu still with or without the shot.
    Mar 20, 2019
  3. evmaster
    evmaster
    Hope you get to feeling better!
    Mar 20, 2019
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @evmaster : That's because statistically if something works even 99% of the time, out of 100 people odds are very high it will still fail for at least one person.

    @Touchfuzzy : Get better soon.
    Mar 20, 2019
  5. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    The thing about all vaccines are that they aren't 100% effective. That is why it is important for everyone to get them if they can (there are health reasons why certain people can't get vaccines, such as allergies to certain things in them).

    Basically we rely on herd immunity. If a vaccine makes 90% of people who take it immune, then it protects the other 10% through that 90% not catching and carrying it.
    Mar 21, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and SpaceBot like this.
  6. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Also, Flu is hard to vaccinate against as it mutates fast. The best they can do is immunize you against the latest strains, which helps but isn't perfect.
    Mar 21, 2019
    BadLittleSeed and SpaceBot like this.
  7. BadLittleSeed
    BadLittleSeed
    Ugh, yeah it does - feel better soon Fuzzy!
    Mar 21, 2019
  8. Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Yes. Yes, it does.
    Mar 21, 2019