Comments on Profile Post by Robin

1. Robin
    Robin
    Also, how many different items should one monster be able to drop? Additionally, if that number is high, I suppose I should throw in some useless, sell for money, loot.
    Jan 10, 2013
  2. Celianna
    Celianna
    I think 5 is pretty good. So common, uncommon, rare, very rare - and super extra ultra rare, for that special kind of item you want the player to grind hours for.
    Jan 10, 2013
  3. Evan G.
    Evan G.
    I think it's also important to consider whether or not your target audience wants to grind for hours. Generally, I don't like the idea of making it possible for the player to put loads of effort into the game and get rewarded with nothing, so I don't really dig the whole "very rare random drop" thing.
    Jan 10, 2013
  4. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Depends on what else you have in the game.

For instance, if you have a synthesis system, you'll want a category for ingredients. Or if you have some kind of hunting quest system, you'll want a category for "proof of kill".
    Jan 10, 2013
  5. Robin
    Robin
    Currently, I have items which are used/mixed. Then, a few components for synthesis (not many, it's only for weapon upgrades currently). Then, I could add the monster loot that you sell ... although that always felt useless and pointless to me.
    Jan 10, 2013
  6. Νύξ
    Νύξ
    Six.six is as good an answer as any.Six is the number.
    Jan 13, 2013