Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    That's awesome! Do you ice skate? You can build a ton of muscle that way :p
    Mar 27, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I don't ice skate. I have issues with vertigo and ataxia, so it'd be a recipe for disaster. I'm able to ride a bike without much issue, and I like that for working the lower body while getting some cardio. I need to be careful doing cardio, though. I really, really need my calories, lol. I lost 12 lbs from malabsorption.
    Mar 27, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  3. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Ah, gotcha. I get random episodes of what I think might be vertigo but it could also be a symptom of something else. I can undunderstand how that would make things difficult. Hmmm, have you tried doing yoga? It's slower going but you can build muscle without the intensity of cardio. I have trouble gaining weight so I understand being careful about cardio. 12lbs :o holy crap.
    Mar 27, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I do yoga every now and again. I'm used to heavy lifting, so I don't really find it great for building muscle. It really helps stretch out the muscle fatigue, though. It helps my balance issues, too. I normally don't have issues keeping a healthy weight but for nearly two months I was barely digesting food.
    Mar 27, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  5. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    How bizarre! I had that happen after I had a bad case of pneumonia. Took me a year to get to 100lbs. It was terrible. :/ I hope your body stops doing that.
    I've only done some heavy lifting, which I enjoyed, but being in motion helps my hypervigilance tone down so I like yoga. I want to buy a weight set and get back to lifting though, to tone up. Were you a body builder?
    Mar 27, 2019
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    My blood work indicates possible Celiac, but aside from systemic GI inflammation, my pathology did not. It's not normal to lose weight and nutrients with IBS; so they're not positive it's that either. That means my diagnosis is "we don't frickin' know." I've cut it out and I've been able to put three pounds back on and get a lot of relief from all my symptoms. They don't want to retest anytime soon.
    Mar 27, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I wasn't a bodybuilder. I had previously lost a crap ton of weight and got into lifting weights to help fix what had happened to my body composition.
    Mar 27, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  8. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Oh, I can understand that. I was getting a ton of blood work done, a tilt table test, mri, etc. Was not fun at all. 6 months later I use google and find out I was having panic attacks... lol Medical here is awful though. If you ever have to live in Virginia, don't. Lol
    Mar 27, 2019