RPG Maker Forums

Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
Come to think about it is somewhat jarring.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Something is not right, it feels weird to have a real-time map then you can pause to access menu and use items as many as you want while the time is stopped. Come to think about it is somewhat ... convenient(?)
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Something is not right, you can pause the real-time map, click a command named save, close the game and when you come back a day after, nothing changed.
Romanticist
Romanticist
To be honest, turn based is pretty sucky in my opinion. The only reason I have a turn based system still is because RPG Maker sucks at real time action. I was considering removing battles but it would be even more jarring for battles to only take place in cutscenes in a video game.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Im the opposite and feel that real time is sucky, as you can't do any real strategy in it, as ranks don't exist or are ignored, so you can't protect your healer at all, the enemy will just beeline to them and there goes the healer.
Romanticist
Romanticist
That's fair, I actually don't like the "MMO"-style real time RPGs either. I was referring more to Zelda combat, that's the most fun imo. And since you only play as Link, you are the fighter and the healer.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Having to play various good turn-based combat, real-time, and semi-real-time, I can enjoy any kind of battle system (except ATB and timed attack).
Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
I see this have become a short lived meme... fair enough I will halt development the map turn system, but I must say I feel I was close, CTB would have been a real Turn based strategy with both turn based combat and Map movement.
Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
What I mean is the map is fast, most battles could end in seconds if You know where the enemy is positioned.
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
My experience in most turn based map battles is that they are way slower to finish than normal turn based battle because we need to move around.
Dragon Brother
Dragon Brother
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko: Indeed they were, I had plans for using the turn-based battle system that would have had the units moving all over the battlefield, however it DID in fact take longer even with ranged Units being the bulk of the participating forces and I decide to reserve it for another series entirely.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy