Comments on Profile Post by Sharm

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Turns out my mystery pain is Chronic Appendicitis. I knew it was appendicitis from the start, I told the doctors when I first went to the ER a few days before Christmas. Took the doctors months to figure out that I was right, and I've been in horrible pain the entire time. But finally I'll get an appendectomy on Thursday and be free from this pain!
    Apr 6, 2019
    AmieLK likes this.
  2. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    YAY! That must have been so frustrating (and annoying that thay didint figure it out for so long) and painful! Im glad its gunna be delt with, and that it didint rupture! :D
    Apr 6, 2019
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    There's been quite a few ruptures in our family. My cousin even had hers rupture twice because the doctors hadn't treated her correctly the first time. It might have been better, I would have gotten treatment faster, but honestly I'm just glad that something is going to be done and I can get better.
    Apr 6, 2019
    AmieLK and KaBlooZio like this.
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    Apparently Chronic Appendicitis is very hard to diagnose and also fairly dangerous. In a way, I'm lucky that it's so painful and I'm so stubborn, because I could have gotten some very scary complications.
    Apr 6, 2019
    KaBlooZio likes this.
  5. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    I had mine taken out when I was in HS. For two days I thought it was the flu. :[ ... nope, appendicitis.
    Apr 6, 2019
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    My dad was kind of angry at the doctors, he had been on my side the whole time, saying that it had to be appendicitis, he actually was wondering if they'd done the CT scans right because my symptoms were so obviously pointing to it.
    Apr 6, 2019
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    When I told him about the diagnosis today, he was wondering why the ER didn't even suspect it could be this version and why they would dismiss it as a possibility, and I told him that it was very rare. His response? "Oh, so something you would get. Sounds about right."
    Apr 6, 2019
  8. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    Well still, why in the world would they just not check anyway. Im not a doctor, and so maybe Im wrong, but it dosent sound like a terribly difficult thing to double check on. I had a great niece, 8yo who went to the ER when she lost consciousness and had a high fever and several other scary symptoms, and she was sent away with flu. Flu turned out to be guillain barre syndrome.
    Apr 6, 2019
  9. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    ....she was euthanized, as advised by the doc about 4 years ago. guillain barre syndrome is rare too, but still.... the doc didint try very hard to really look at her.
    Apr 6, 2019
  10. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    Im very sorry, I think I being a bit bitter right now... Im very glad you will be treated for this now, and the pain will subside :) .
    Apr 6, 2019
  11. KaBlooZio
    KaBlooZio
    :( ... Im sorry, I said euthinized, but its was more like they took her off life support. I feel like thats a little different.
    Apr 6, 2019
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    ER doctors aren't the best. I once got treated like a drug addict and told to stop being a baby about a urinary infection, when I didn't have one and actually I was dying from a huge infection in my uterus. Luckily when we came back the next day I got a better one and was admitted to the hospital.
    Apr 6, 2019
    KaBlooZio likes this.
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    But in this case, it wasn't quite their fault. I'm a little asymptomatic, I'm not getting fevers, and chronic appendicitis isn't something that can be tested for, it's extremely hard to diagnose. To be honest, even now it's not a firm diagnosis, they're just going to take it out and hope it works.
    Apr 6, 2019
    KaBlooZio likes this.
  14. AmieLK
    AmieLK
    Man I'm glad they figured that out. Rip that sucker out!
    Apr 6, 2019
    KaBlooZio likes this.
  15. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yep! Maybe my gallbladder too depending on if it's inflamed. We'll see.
    Apr 6, 2019
  16. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Man, that sounds awful :( I hope you recover well after they remove it.
    Apr 6, 2019
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    Honestly, I'm just glad it's something that's fixable. I've had a lot of things crop up in my life that are disabling but not life threatening that the doctors can't do much about. It's nice to have something that can be solved for a change.
    Apr 6, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  18. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Yeah, that's very understandable.
    Apr 6, 2019
  19. Sharm
    Sharm
    I think recovery will be easy. I've been in a lot of pain for a long time now, so a few weeks of pain due to being cut up might actually be less painful.
    Apr 6, 2019
    SpaceBot and KaBlooZio like this.
  20. AmieLK
    AmieLK
    Chop'em all out. Fling them directly at the doctor who doubted you.
    Apr 6, 2019
  21. Sharm
    Sharm
    LOL. Maybe fling them at the doctor who thought I was just there for the morphine when I was dying four years ago. I don't have any problems with the ER doctors in this round. They didn't have the resources to do this kind of diagnosis.
    Apr 6, 2019
    AmieLK likes this.
  22. AmieLK
    AmieLK
    Please oh please track down that specific doctor. Tell the surgeons that you need to keep the biohazard for VERY good reason. The reason being revenge.
    Apr 6, 2019
  23. Sharm
    Sharm
    I should have sued him but I was so messed up from the combination of drugs and throwing up everything that I couldn't remember his name. It's not worth it to me to track him down now.
    Apr 6, 2019
  24. Sharm
    Sharm
    @KaBlooZio I should have said this earlier. I'm really sorry about your niece, that is a huge tragedy.
    Apr 6, 2019