Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    "What do you mean the specimen is no good!?"

Well. It's all over the inside of the transport...so. Better recollect your John Doe before he ends up in resuscitation. Just saying...
    Apr 6, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  2. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    That would drive me crazy.
    Apr 6, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Last night was a blend of calling ER and ICU every 30 minutes and "huh...well...gotta bleach everything again."
    Apr 6, 2019
  4. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Blech... I worked at an ice rink for a while, more than enough blood for me. I don't like people blood to touch me. Are you in forensics?
    Apr 6, 2019
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I work in ER stat lab. I work in Detroit. So... patients range from "my crotch itches" to "four with multiple gunshot wounds, immediate mass transfusion protocol."
    Apr 6, 2019
    SpaceBot likes this.
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    I worry about that ER. You seem to be the only one in it who cares about doing the job right.
    Apr 7, 2019
  7. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Ms Littlefish, do you see many people physical injure or you see people get illnesses for the visit?
    Apr 7, 2019
  8. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Oooooh, that makes sense. I briefly dated a dude from Detroit, heard A LOT of stories. Haha. He drove me crazy because he always left his doors unlocked. He always told me "Look, I have absolutely nothing to worry about here, it's not Detroit."
    Apr 7, 2019
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Kupotepo I'm a "behind the scene" type of roll. For the most part, I get basic labs. Urine, blood, body fluids, CSF. The inpatient floors occasionally have tissues and limbs. I've seen my fair share of mayhem in the halls, but my role typically does not include too much gore.
    Apr 7, 2019
    Kupotepo likes this.
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm I don't know if it's this bad nationally or if my market is particularly bad, but there are massive staffing shortages. Many of the lab employees are undertrained and undereducated. I'm the only one out of the assistants who my certs and knows BLS.
    Apr 7, 2019
  11. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm Typically, a lab employee will never need to lead a crash. But, I personally believe every health care professional should know how to do CPR and use an AED. I've already had to call crash before just wondering around the hospital.
    Apr 7, 2019