Comments on Profile Post by Robert-Character Creator

1. IguanaGuy
    IguanaGuy
    Hey - do you have anyone that can get your project file and help sort that for you? And what kind of problems do you have - text? plugins? eventing stuff?
    Apr 7, 2019
  2. Robert-Character Creator
    Robert-Character Creator
    Most of my bugs right now are the result of scripts. Either I would need to adjust the scripts myself (doesn't go well) or someone who is better with scripting than me would need to help. I have a link to my project if you want to give it a go.
    Apr 7, 2019
  3. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    Well, my piece of advice here might be obvious but did you figure out which scripts are causing those bugs? Are you sure that another script that does something similar in a different way does not exist?
    Apr 7, 2019
  4. Robert-Character Creator
    Robert-Character Creator
    At first I thought the problem was your script, Heirukichi, but it was actually an eventing problem! I had an event referred to in a script call that no longer existed, so the game would crash whenever a particular switch was turned on. Only took me 4 hours to diagnose it!
    Apr 7, 2019
  5. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    Well, I am glad you managed to solve it and that it was not related to my script. Sometimes bugs can be very nasty. Once I wrote a typo in a script call...it was invisible. And mistakes in script calls are not friendly at all, you only get the Game_Interpreter error but it does not tell you what is causing it since the whole eval line throws an error.
    Apr 7, 2019