Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    I still can't get over the fact that Pizza H said "now with REAL cheese!!" as if they've just exposed themselves for not using one for years. . .
    Apr 8, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. In our country it is no secret that large corporations trashed the food quality. Not to mention, we import a lot from Germany.. And the quality of the imported food is atrocious. I'd just love to buy it and give it to Germans personally to taste.
    Apr 8, 2019
    Elliott404 likes this.
  3. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Savage
    Apr 8, 2019
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That reminds me of all the now with real chicken ads that were common in about 2000/2001 here in the US. So what were you serving me before?
    Apr 8, 2019
    Elliott404 likes this.
  5. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    The f***??
    Apr 8, 2019
  6. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    This is more concerning than a fake cheese!
    Apr 8, 2019
  7. SOC
    SOC
    Big ag/food has been around for decades. It's all about profiting, and they're certainly working together with big pharma because your health is a business. First they create the problem, then they sell you the solution. As for chicken, it's mostly from CAFOs (Concentrated animal farm operations) where they fit them in completely pitch black pins.
    Apr 8, 2019
  8. SOC
    SOC
    There's so many of them all cramped together that they're never allowed to get up or move because there's not enough space so they live their entire lives sitting with broken legs. They're given antibiotics in mass quantities to try and "prevent" the infections from those living conditions, but also because it raises estrogen levels like crazy which promotes weight gain with fewer calories needed.
    Apr 8, 2019
  9. SOC
    SOC
    That means less $ to spend on feeding them, which they mostly feed them moldy grains because it's cheap. That's basically all the chicken you eat that's not organic and pasture raised/local you know the farmer kind. Brands like Tyson, for instance, are CAFO based. In essence, it's a business where greed trumps ethics, common sense and caution. We shouldn't depend on corps for our food or our health.
    Apr 8, 2019
    Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  10. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    For these reasons among others I'm eventually gonna start raising my own chickens. Just have to get the hang of gardening first, they are next on my list...probably rabbits too, then my food can help grow more food by producing waste that can be used as virile fertilizer to help grow it's food...circle of life is a fascinating thing.
    Apr 8, 2019
    Poryg and SOC like this.
  11. SOC
    SOC
    @Philosophus Vagus You're such an inspiration, I want to do the same someday. Rotate the animals around as they make good, fertile soil to grow stuff in. Keep us updated how it goes!
    Apr 8, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  12. TWings
    TWings
    Never look at the ingredients list. You'd figure out you're actually eating salted paper and sugared water. lol
    Best you can do is buy directly from farms or making it yourself, that way you know less people are involved screwing with your food.
    Apr 8, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    So in the end the life cycle is food producing waste so other food can grow, which then produces food for food... :D
    Apr 8, 2019
    Philosophus Vagus and SOC like this.