RPG Maker Forums

Bonkers
Bonkers
It's called SAD for a reason.
Windows i7
Windows i7
or Southern American Diet... because in the south they deep fry pretty much everything.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Windows i7 the above is only really true at fairs and potlucks.
Windows i7
Windows i7
@Philosophus Vagus I know I was joking. The south does have some pretty good foods. I used to live in the south, and remember stuff like biscuits sausage and gravy being quite popular.
SOC
SOC
I'm from the south. I grew up with biscuits, sausage, gravy and fried everything, and it's still true today. IIRC, the highest rates of diabesity in USA are in the "deep south," mostly because of fried food and sweet tea. The good news is, good quality bacon is great for you and your heart, just not when you overcook it or use bad oils like vegetable/canola/seed oils.
bgillisp
bgillisp
You mean the diet of the triple cheeseburger, super size fries, and the diet coke?
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@SOC Also from the south, pretty sure sweet tea is the main culprit. Maybe it's different where you grew up but I don't know that many people who ate fried everything all the time or anywhere close to it, but I can tell you from experience when I worked at Mcdonalds as a teen every 5 gallons of tea that's made has 5 ****ing pounds of sugar poured into it.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@bgillisp took me entirely to long to register the joke. Dieting because your coke is diet. :guffaw:

But in all seriousness, can the type of gluttony you are referring to even constitute a diet? It's a shame how companies use synthetic sugars, which studies have shown to be more physically addicting than cocaine, in so many of our foods. It's a hard thing to break away from, I can personally attest to that.
SOC
SOC
Fried food is more common in the south because of historic traditions where poor people/slaves would fry everything, even very low quality food, because it made it a lot more palatable and bad oils were very cheap. All the communities here in south central Kentucky eat a substantial amount of fried food, but yeah, sweet tea is definitely there as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldencarroteater