Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    You've finally got a date?
    Apr 18, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Never got that response before. Then again, I've never asked a girl on a date before, either. These things have always just happened with me. Just ending up in a relationship after hanging out with the person and getting to know them. No stuff, one size fits all, dates for me.
    Apr 18, 2019
    Dalph, OmnislashXX, SpaceBot and 2 others like this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Apr 18, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    But I'm going to, hopefully. Slow and steady wins the race :)
    Apr 18, 2019
  5. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Oh. . My bad. Hope you'll get a lifetime date.
    Apr 18, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's too soon to talk about lifetime. People change and some stuff just can't stay the same.
    Apr 18, 2019
  7. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Some changes aren't necessary bad changes. Sometimes, it's for the best.
    Apr 18, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    And I am not the type of guy to search a girl for a lifetime relationship, since that's just a ridiculous imagination given the 30% divorce rate in our country and given that I intend to get out of this dump someday.
    Apr 18, 2019
  9. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Oh. I see =w=
    Apr 18, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    I've set my sights to Lithuania. From what I've seen Baltic areas are the only place in Europe where you can rely on people. And I need some leader I can rely on in my life. I'm a born support role.
    Apr 18, 2019
  11. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Good luck with that. Just be careful who to trust.
    Apr 18, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    Don't worry. I've grown to be quite a sociopath. I don't trust anybody, I'm cold and calculating and skilled in written word (i.e. skilled in manipulation as well). I'll be alright :)
    Apr 18, 2019
  13. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Oh good then. You'll do fine then =w=
    Apr 18, 2019
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I think you're judging your homeland far too harshly. Divorce has been a thing since ancient times. You've just got to make the most of what time you have on this earth. People are people. No one is made just for us. No one owes us anything, nor do we owe them anything.
    Apr 18, 2019
    Dalph, OmnislashXX and SpaceBot like this.
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    I know divorce has been around since ancient times. Just like cheating. However, I'm not judging Czechs too harshly. We're number 1 in divorces in EU, number 1 cheaters and number 1 atheists. And it's no coincidence.
    Apr 18, 2019
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    Sexuality has always been a part of our culture. Always. We have very loose morals and are not afraid to speak about it. As such we excel in these numbers... However, on the bright side thanks to that we are quite forward in sexual education and child pregnancies are a pretty little problem here.
    Apr 18, 2019
  17. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Correlation does not imply causation. Also, from what I could find, Portugal has the highest divorce rates in Europe. The Czech Republic isn't even in the top 5. Could be outdated information, though. These things ar ejust part and parcel of being human. It happens all over the world, including in heavy religious countries.
    Apr 18, 2019
  18. Poryg
    Poryg
    Or could be my outdated information, it's been years since I searched for it. :D
    Apr 18, 2019
  19. Poryg
    Poryg
    You're absolutely right though, it is part of human nature. Men try to spread their genes, women try to get a strong partner to have strong children with. Nevertheless, my main problem is always going to be the Czech toxicity.
    Apr 18, 2019
  20. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Just try not to pass judgement over an entire country based on the handful of people you've personally encountered. We're individuals, not hive minds. Sure, we are a part of a greater society, but that doesn't mean we support everything that society does; we still hold individual beliefs and morals. You're not the only person in your country to hold the beliefs, thoughts, and morals you do. :)
    Apr 18, 2019
  21. Poryg
    Poryg
    And yes, toxicity is everywhere too... But while our GDP per capita is the same as poorer western countries', our moral and juristicular system is pro-corruption.
    Apr 18, 2019
  22. Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, I'm not judging just based on people I've encountered. News websites' comments are not the pinnacle of Czech wisdom :D I judge from a far bigger spectrum. People I've encountered, people I've heard about and events that happen.
    Apr 18, 2019
  23. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Second hand information is useless, and is often tainted by personal bias. Don't use it. You're judging 10.58 million people based on a couple of personal encounters and some second hand information. Sometimes we've just got to accept that it's not other people who are the problem, it's ourselves. I'm sure others have judged you negatively, too.
    Apr 18, 2019
  24. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's far from just that. But I'd be discussing politics, so I won't elaborate here.
    Apr 18, 2019
  25. Dalph
    Dalph
    Never ask a girl for a date.
    Women like confident men, and if they will see you begging they might think you are a loser (or worse a pervert), especially if you keep pushing it despite their refusal.

If they find you interesting then they will find a way to approach you by themselves.
    Apr 18, 2019
  26. Dalph
    Dalph
    I also don't believe divorce rate is so high anywhere in the world.
    Too many factors involved that have nothing to do with countries or places.
    Apr 18, 2019
  27. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, divorce just happens. People simply grow apart over time. Sure, some folks stay together for most of their lives, but not everyone can do that. A divorce is better than taying in an unhappy, unproductive marriage. That's just my opinion, though.
    Apr 18, 2019
    OmnislashXX and SpaceBot like this.
  28. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Her laughing at you just isn't a good sign. You're probably screwed.

Just be yourself. If your interested in a person and you have a good relationship with them, just tell them that. They'll either tell you one thing or the other but any choice they make shouldn't affect the friendship. And, if she changes her mind later on, well, there you go.
    Apr 18, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  29. Poryg
    Poryg
    I've never scored by being confident. I've scored by being unpredictable and bold. In other words being myself. I agree though, begging sucks.
    Apr 19, 2019
  30. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Find a date is easy especially at the night clue. But people find a partner who sticks with you when it is storming. It is hard.
    Apr 19, 2019
  31. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Don't ask for dates. Ask if she wants to go out for a cup of coffee. Or invite her to lunch. Be casual about it. Then you talk about your interests and your job and such. Communication is the key to success.
    Apr 19, 2019
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  32. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Of course, you can find easy women. Like my sister. She only just got out of a ten year relationship that went nowhere, went on a date a week later with some dude and now a year later she is married to him. So you can find desperate women.
    Apr 19, 2019
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  33. Poryg
    Poryg
    I see, it's a misunderstanding :D I did not ask her for a date that literally. It's just, when you ask a girl out with the intention of going on a date, it's asking her for a date, just a different figure of speech.
    Apr 19, 2019
  34. Poryg
    Poryg
    Still doesn't change the fact that laughing at that instead of yes or no kind of felt weird :D But luckily it was just a surprised laugh, not a no kind of a laugh. I guess I just need better timing than in a middle of an exam period.
    Apr 19, 2019
  35. Poryg
    Poryg
    **in the middle of an exam period...
    Apr 19, 2019
  36. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Right. Like you know before or afterwards when you are casually having a conversation.
    Apr 19, 2019
  37. Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, yes. I know perfectly well when I'm dating and when I'm having a hangout. I never escalate a first day encounter into a date. Better safe than sorry. And given the sporadicity of my outgoings when our second meeting comes, I usually know full well what I intend to do.
    Apr 19, 2019
  38. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Well see, if your hanging out and she suddenly starts to strip off her clothes, then I assume your dating then.
    Apr 19, 2019
  39. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Or who knows, maybe she is just in to one night stands. Who knows.
    Apr 19, 2019
  40. Poryg
    Poryg
    If we're hanging out and she begins to strip clothes, either she's trying on new clothes she wants to buy or I should wake up.
    Apr 19, 2019