Comments on Profile Post by Jonforum

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, naturally it would be weird if PIXI sound had performance issues.
    Apr 20, 2019
    Jonforum likes this.
  2. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    Apr 20, 2019
  3. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    Matt Karl fixed my poor English dont worry
    Apr 20, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    The webaudio doesn't hurt the performance as long as you can load the soundtracks in time.
    Apr 20, 2019
  5. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    it will depend on so much thing, filters numbers of instances. listener ticks update..ext
    In rmmv , Jap realy make bad audio performance and manager, i remember when use the rmmv core audio, call 5 or 7 sound in same time big fps drope, in this demo, you cant see, but for start battle 14 sound + filters + tween are used.
    Apr 20, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    The FPS drops come from the fact that MV handles all files synchronously with zero preload, not from the fact that the performance itself would be bad. Make sure they are ready before you deal with them and they will not make any significant drop in performance. As long of course as you're reasonable with filters.
    Apr 20, 2019
  7. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    Rmmv does not use PixiJs properly, even with a cache plugins i tryed, there are always spiky lags, and devs from KADOKAWA do not want to do or fix anything because they are afraid of losing availables plugins compatibility.
    Cache plugins in rmmv core will no help, or show me that I'm wrong :)
    Apr 20, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not going to show you you're wrong, because these plugins create deadly memory leaks, which leads to crashes every 30-60 minutes. The engine'd need to be reworked.
    Apr 20, 2019
    Jonforum likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    But the main problems are exactly the fact that MV handles files synchronously. I handle music via Howler.js. Preload them first via xhr and handle everything asynchronously. Then when I need to play them, I just play them. No lag whatsoever.
    Apr 20, 2019
  10. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    rmmv is a very good example of a rpg engine, but it is better to code it in its own way.
    Apr 20, 2019
  11. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    ya but you need a engine to manage this, in my game i will have ~ 2 go audio, i cant load all at boot, i need a core to manage this from map and when it need.
    Apr 20, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    I fully agree with that. Lately I've set my sights on godot engine.
    Apr 20, 2019
  13. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    so i will have perma audio, used every where, and destroy-able audio, when change planet map .
    Apr 20, 2019
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    I have a preloading core in my engine that preloads everything as it's needed. Map files are preloaded first and on load the list of files needed to be preloaded is constructed. Currently it preloads every said file, but I intend to make it smarter and let it preload only when needed to save RAM space.
    Apr 20, 2019
  15. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    ya i check out goDot, realy cool engine , but not in js
    Apr 20, 2019
  16. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    yes well in general we have a lot of freedom to load, Gamer today ride with minimum ~ 8 GB of free ram on pc.
    I try to not overload > 2Go
    Apr 20, 2019
  17. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    for a basic 2d iso game it ok
    Apr 20, 2019
  18. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    And with V5 of PIXI with batch sprite and container, it will more good
    Apr 20, 2019