RPG Maker Forums

Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Do you learn about felony and minor crime yet? The criminal justice in Canada is more relex than US laws from what I can see.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Kupotepo Yeah it's an overall view of everything. Canada and US laws are pretty similar, since we both inherited the common law penal system from the UK. Do not confuse the complexity of the system and disparity in crime rate lol. US has a far higher crime rate than Canada lol, but both our systems are as complex (and very similar).
Finnuval
Finnuval
@MushroomCake28 Guess it's just Canadians being 'nice' that's the difference :p
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Don't know why, but our Supreme Court here really likes your Supreme Court. I don't remember how many times I read part of US Supreme Court quoted in Canada Supreme Court decisions lol.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Finnuval I'm pretty sure your country is also at the top of the list with mine for lowest crime rates lol.
Finnuval
Finnuval
I dunno (probably) but we do have a high solve-rate for Major crimes :)
Finnuval
Finnuval
but in our case it's not cause we're nice... we're just all business all the time haha
Finnuval
Finnuval
Besides, ever seen how small our country is?! There is literally nowhere to run LOL
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Well I meant more crime rate. Europe has lots of countries that are in the list for lowest crime rate countries. You guys are the true nice guys lol.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@MushroomCake28, the crime rate is subjective because depending on where you live. Crime rate needs to the comparative live total population between the US and Canada. Then we see it is relative. The more popular, the more crime potential.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@MushroomCake28 Ha! Wait 'till you actually meet a Dutch person... you'll think differently I guarantee it!
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Kupotepo Crime rate is an objective measure. It's a simple formula: Total crimes in a year / Total population. The "why" of the fluctuation (culture, financial status, education) is of no interest when calculating the crime rate. It simply indicates the amount of crime in a territory, it doesn't explain it.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@MushroomCake28, What is the website you look at? I meant some area is very scary and some area is super quiet. That is why I like to break down from city to provide to a territory. If I lump to together, I do find the general which can be misrepresented good or bad to someone gain.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Kupotepo What you are describing is crime rate fluctuation (of course every city of a country doesn't have the same crime rate. Some areas are more dangerous, some are more friendly etc. Crime rate is just an average in all the territory).
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Kupotepo The crime rate of a country as a whole is important. It is used for statistical purposes, and it helps to figure out the legal and social burden on that country. As for my sources, well I am a law student currently in a penal class lol.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
What do you mean the legal and social burden on that country? Did it use to determine criminal justice reform?
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Well, more crimes usually = more criminals = more legal fees to prosecute them. Then there's the cost of having prisoners (in Canada, it's almost 300$ per prisoners per day for the state). Now add to that police work, education, crime prevention, etc. It costs our country billions and billions of dollars.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Image if we had less crimes, it would cost us a lot less, and with that money we could invest in education, health, technology, etc.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
And yes, it helps with criminal justice reform (you calculate the current crime rate, you make legislative of executive change, then check if the crime rate went up or down).
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Do you think deterrence or rehabilitation work best in order to reduce crimes? It is hard to create a utopia world.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Feel free to drop by and listen to whatever weird stories we're telling~
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safrasnativa