Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    I hope my body is finally healthy enough to make sure I won't have to challenge collapse everytime I do a drill.
    Apr 25, 2019
    Elliott404 likes this.
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    If you can't find one, there are alternatives. Like exercises where you use the muscles against the other or using containers of water for weights. You could also do volunteer service work that would involve a lot of lifting and carrying like helping someone move or helping a charity load trucks.
    Apr 25, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm unfit for physically demanding work. Went from 52 kg to 70 without gaining much muscle.
    Apr 25, 2019
  4. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    or just walk to the one 90 minutes away... get enough exercise already and saves you money :p
    Apr 25, 2019
    Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    You were so skinny! I'm not sure what you're trying to say though, weight doesn't have a lot to do with ability. I think if a person takes it one step at a time, if they have the ability to move those muscles as they please they can overcome weaknesses like that. And the things I mentioned all scale.
    Apr 25, 2019
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    The one where you use muscles against each other is supposed to be the best one for safety and correct weights for ability. There's a name for the style, but I don't remember it. An example: Cross your legs. The bottom one lifts up, the lower one pushes down. Do a workout as if you're on a leg lift machine. Both muscles get a workout and the muscles work like weights for the other.
    Apr 25, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Finnuval Walking to the one 90 mins away would take me about 4 hours. Not enough time :p
    Apr 25, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Sharm I tried to say that volunteering for a cargo lifting job is not the best exercise for me as my body won't handle high weights.
    Apr 25, 2019
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Gotcha. I couldn't do that either.
    Apr 25, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    But you're a woman, it's natural women are weaker. I was a natural weakling due to being constantly underfed. Nowadays since my metabolism has slowed down, my carb heavy diet is taking its toll :/
    Apr 25, 2019
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    Eh, I used to be able to, but my illness got worse. Women can by tiny and strong too sometimes. I can still pick up my brother even now. Er, well, once I heal from my surgery anyway.
    Apr 25, 2019
  12. Sharm
    Sharm
    Being underfed in your youth is a big disadvantage, I get why you were talking about your weight now. I just thought you were unusually skinny when younger and gained too much weight now. I forget that the rest of the world doesn't work like it does here sometimes.
    Apr 25, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    I've always been unusually skinny, but it was due to being underfed. Since I had low fat intake, I don't have enough enzymes to dissolve it, so I maintain a diet rich on carbs to offset the lack of fat. Until recently my body handled it fine...
    Apr 25, 2019
  14. Sharm
    Sharm
    Getting old is no fun. That's interesting about the fats. Does the type of fat make a difference? I know some fats are more simple than others. Could you take an enzyme pill when you eat something fatty, the way some people do to be able to eat dairy?
    Apr 25, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    I guess I could take an enzyme pill. However, enzyme pills are too expensive to be dealt with this way. So I'd take the cheaper way out. The body is capable of transforming carbs into fat. It's just not an energy efficient process.
    Apr 25, 2019
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    The only thing I should do is to limit the intake of carbs though... Something I tried unsuccessfully for last 2 months, as we have sugar everywhere.
    Apr 25, 2019
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    It's also hard on the pancreas. I hope you don't have to deal with diabetes later.
    Apr 25, 2019
  18. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Which I already told him to have checked as he showed some signs that could be indicative...
    Apr 25, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  19. Sharm
    Sharm
    Ouch, yes. Please be careful about that. Diabetes can kill you.
    Apr 25, 2019
    Poryg and Finnuval like this.
  20. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah it's manageable if you deal with it properly but it can also easily land you in hospital at high risk (as I can testify to)
    Apr 25, 2019
  21. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I'll be bald and diabetic when I reach my 40s :D
    Apr 25, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.