RPG Maker Forums

djDarkX
djDarkX
Because they really, REALLY want Pokemon resources and will make any excuse they can think of to use them for their Pokemon rip off games. Just let them do it and watch Nintendo take them down.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Or the more likely explanation is that they're new to the game making world and don't know much about intellectual property.
Ebanyle
Ebanyle
Yeah, unfortunately intellectual property is not something "taken seriously" or diffused as it should be, I don't blame them.
kirbwarrior
kirbwarrior
Whoa, Uranium totally didn't fail for exactly that reason ;)
Finnuval
Finnuval
why do I get the urge to stop that sentence right after the word ignorant and leave it there? :p
Sharm
Sharm
For many it's willful ignorance. People want it to be legal, so it doesn't actually matter if it is or not to them.
Helladen
Helladen
Making your own Pokemon game is kind of fun. I was tempted to a long time ago when I played around with it. People spend lots of effort on fan projects, because it's hard to make your own game as good. People rely on a franchise to do that instead.
Helladen
Helladen
I want to add that they do realize most likely, just don't care for 'copyright laws'.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomasu