RPG Maker Forums

MikePjr
MikePjr
Actually, I wonder if a new one is even being considered.
Bonkers
Bonkers
I'm sure it is. They released FEs on the gameboy after all and now MV on the switch. If it's making money, there will keep developing new engines.
Windows i7
Windows i7
Hopefully sooner than Half Life 3.
Seacliff
Seacliff
I thought Ace was the last, then they announced MV. They'll find a way to update the engine to broaden the audience.
Sharm
Sharm
I'd say it depends on if they started a new one right away after releasing MV or wanted to coast on MV's success and wait for sales to taper first. Since they're not updating the engine anymore, it's probably in the works either way now.
Sharm
Sharm
I keep hoping that they'll branch out a bit and make some that are similar but different enough for a different engine to make some sense. Like an ARPG engine. I'd suggest SRPG too, but someone else has that market cornered already.
Bonkers
Bonkers
@Sharm I've bought that one and it's fairly good. I really wish the rpgmaker had done something similar, perhaps in the future.
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
Another thing that would probably set apart the next RPG Maker is a character generator that produces full customizable bust art.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
They tried branching out with Pixel Game Maker MV but that didn't go very well.
Sharm
Sharm
It was too broad. They do better at the narrow focus engines.
Sharm
Sharm
I still think the generator should be a completely separate program.
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
Tired of MV already?
MikePjr
MikePjr
Actually, I have Pixel Game Maker MV.
And despite what they claim you can do, after using it.. i can tell you it's mainly set up for platformers.
My only gripe is flow charts, and they refuse to change that.
I'm working on a Castlevania Tribute type game right now with it.
It's not called castlevania, but it does share some similarities.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heru_