RPG Maker Forums

MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Since I coded it from 0, and because not a lot of people have tested it, I'm worried about bugs. Would be a huge help if a couple of you guys could simply try out a couple of battles.
hiddenone
hiddenone
Sounds like a good idea, you should make a thread for it. Finding game-breaking bugs is a skill of mine. :guffaw:
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Thanks! I would very much appreciate it! I'm not sure if it's alright to create a thread for it since I already have a thread for my project in general in the "Games in Development" subforum.
hiddenone
hiddenone
Ah, if you've already got a thread then you can just post the battle demo and ask for feedback there, easy-peasy. :)
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
create a boss rush
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@TheoAllen Btw, I added the grid movement in battle command. Should be better now :P
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
I opted for: you can only move once per battle (1), and if you do you must do it before attacking (2), you can only move to positions directly next to you (3).
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Ooh a battle system with grid movement.. Always wanted to write one but Im scared to make a good enemy AI for such a system xD
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko Yeah the enemy AI was a pain in the ass and took a long time to code. It has to take into consideration hero positions, their AoE spells (more targets = higher chance to use), healing spells with their party's positions, etc. But I think mine is working alright.
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Yeah, I dont have the motivation to write even the most basic AI that will incorporate all that right now xD and I realized it wont go well with my delayed action battle system xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my profile has gotten so inaccurate.
I wrote this years ago, only now I posted an english version. How about we talk about procrastination?
I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigAlek