Comments on Profile Post by PixelHeart

1. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    ...With exercise of course.
    May 6, 2019
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yay! Would you consider my suggestions? Don't drink any calories, try for more water and veggies, eat less refined sugars and dairy? It really does work very well and quickly, ever single person I know who has tried it has had results, feels healthier, and you don't have to fuss with counting calories.
    May 6, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  3. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Sharm - Yus! I will be endeavoring to NOT drink my calories, or at least mostly... to though Ive actually already had a coffee with some french vanilla creamer in it, but Im still swearing off soda for life though. The only other thing I'd drink is water. Anyway, Im still going to be watching my carbs though. For instance, Im still going to stay away from sandwiches, and most bread foods.
    May 6, 2019
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    If you're avoiding bread anyway, you might want to consider eliminating refined sugars and yeast entirely for 3 months, but that is a very, very difficult diet. Your body will crave them both very hard for a month. But you'd drop weight quickly and you'll be way less interested in sugar afterwords.
    May 6, 2019
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I switched over to the 0 calorie soft drinks. That and some little 50 - 100 calorie adjustments at meals allowed me to drop 9 pounds in a year.
    May 6, 2019
  6. Kwerty
    Kwerty
    HIITS training + G.F diet. Try the whole 30 too :)
    May 6, 2019
  7. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @bgillisp - Well, in my case, not drinking the sodas is more about the sodium than the carbs really. I went the doc not long about and found out Ive been retaining alot of fluid. I also think they've been screwing with my kidneys too. So I just thinks its best if I abstain from them completely.

May I ask, in that years time, did you do any regular exercise?
    May 6, 2019
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Just my usual, which is park some ways away and walk, take stairs as often as possible, etc.
    May 6, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    How do you keep count of your calories though?
    May 6, 2019
  10. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Poryg - I just count cals per serving of everything I eat, add it together.
    May 6, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    I see.
    A tough task :D At least for me. Although I guess I should do it too... I have found that milk is useful for gaining weight, but not so useful for losing it for example :D
    May 6, 2019
  12. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Poryg - Consuming milk, bread....its just easy. Bread and milk are quick convenient....got an hour drive to class and running late? Just throw a sandwich/bowl of cereal together and get out! thats why its hard, at least for me.
    May 6, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    But bread contains starch, which is a complex saccharide, so despite the high kcal amount it's not really a caloric bomb. Eating a lot of bread won't make you fat, I know what I'm talking about, simplx because the body won't have the time to process the excess starch.
    May 6, 2019
    Sharm likes this.
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    Whoops, the I know what I'm talking about was supposed to be at the end.

I know what I'm talking about, I've eaten a lot of bread and bread related products. Eating 750g of bread through puberty was nothing rare for me. And my weight did not increase.
    May 6, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    In fact when I was 18, I would eat around 1.3-1.8 kg of food almost every day. Just the 500g of biscuits were enough to reach 2000 kcal. Then there were also 150g of potatoes/rice and a lot of bread. Weight gain? Minimal. Not unnoticeable, I had a lot of energy. But not as extreme as recently :D
    May 6, 2019
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    Truth be told, what was different from back then compared to right now was the intake of simple sugars. Taking 100g of simple sugars a day used to be rather rare for me, nowadays... Not even nearly as rare.
    May 6, 2019
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I don't see any problem with a cheese sandwich in the situation you described. It's all about balance really. That's why I don't really agree with the idea of most diets and like to recommend just more and less of things instead.
    May 6, 2019
  18. Sharm
    Sharm
    The no refined sugar no yeast diet I was talking about I would only recommend to someone from the US or someone with a similar regional diet. We get way too much and it's addictive at those levels, so it's about breaking a habit more than something to do permanently.
    May 6, 2019
  19. mlogan
    mlogan
    Yeah, I tried keto, I lost weight - and hair, because I was not eating enough. It’s just not a long-term sustainable diet. I have had far more success with simply counting calories.
    May 6, 2019
  20. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh, you can try the smaller plate trick too. That one is really simple and does help. If you've never heard of it, it's where you use the smallest plate possible when serving food, then it looks like you have more and have an easier time believing you've had enough to eat even if you have less.
    May 6, 2019
  21. Poryg
    Poryg
    I don't think I'd be able to go for no yeast diet to be honest. I'm not in a bad financial situation now, but I'm still far from rich :D But I should definitely reduce the intake of simple sugars in favor of more complex carbs. More potatoes wouldn't hurt in my diet.
    May 6, 2019
  22. Kwerty
    Kwerty
    the reason you can eat bad things and not get fat is simply because you remain under your daily caloric maintenance amount. You can track calories and nutrients using the app “my net diary”, even set weight goals! And it tells you how good the food that is you’re consuming with a rating. It has a barcode scanner for ease too :-D
    May 6, 2019
    mlogan likes this.
  23. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Kwerty If you count 500g of the biscuits I ate and 500g of bread, that by itself adds up to over 3700 kcal. And that wasn't all. My daily energy intake exceeded 4000 kcal easily with no workout to offset it. For an 18yo that's quite a bit to consume :D
    May 6, 2019
  24. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's just that my main source of energy used to be for the most part complex saccharides and starch, with fat being far 2nd and sugar being under 150g a day.
    May 6, 2019
  25. Poryg
    Poryg
    Nowadays my main sources of energy are sugars and fat, while complex saccharides are lacking. Suddenly my insane weight gain makes much more sense :D
    May 6, 2019