RPG Maker Forums

Elliott404
Elliott404
Yes. I'd rather play an optional minigame if it comes with rare item, or money prize.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
well, what if for story reasons its mandatory the first time you encounter it BUT very very easy? That way you can be introduced to it, and it likely wont hold you up!
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
I think I do get your point though! Its stupid to have a mini game baring progress that requires a high amount of skill.
jkweath
jkweath
Agreed. Never cared much for RPG minigames. Always irritated me how FF9 forced you to play the card game at one point and FF10 forced you to play blitzball once (if that's what it was called).

Fortunately it seems like most modern RPGs make the minigames optional or don't have any at all.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
@jkweath - GAWD! I hated the blitzball one! And in ff10-2 that sphere grid tetra master like game. HATE!
bgillisp
bgillisp
The thing is, in FF9 and FFX those you could lose and the game would go on. I'm talking about mini-games that you have to win to progress the plot.
bgillisp
bgillisp
@jkweath : World of Final Fantasy. 5 mini-games you *must* beat to continue the story at one point. No way to skip them. So it still happens with some more current games.
Elliott404
Elliott404
I was going to say Tomba 2 but I don't remember if there was a minigame, except to play with the 3 girls in the cursed winter village.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
I have a mini-game, but It's pretty easy and no matter what, the game goes on regardless of how you do. But I do have the option of redoing it, if the person wants to. The prizes are pretty good.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

FREE RPG Maker Ready Glowing Ball Animation
Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/glowing-ball-sprite-pixel-fx-rpg-maker-ready
Ugh....When you spend hours doing something and then end up scrapping the idea >.<
Random joke of the day: This morning a man wearing a face mask robbed a supermarket in the town center. So far the police has arrested 240 suspects.
Hosting competitions using your game is always so nerve wracking!!!
Social distancing is great, apart from trying to work from home while the guy up the road now has ample time and apparently the only way to fill it is to ride his dirt bike up and down our street all day :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasavat