Poryg
Sure :p
Knighteriius
Knighteriius
I really shouldn't be doing this with a report due but hehe
Poryg
Poryg
Two things that strike me immediately:
1. The ring scrolling is inverted. If I press down, I expect to move to an action that's down, not to scroll the belt down. Not to mention, I don't like the belt. Icons all over the place, that is too overwhelming.
2. No mouse/touch support.
3. Too slow animations.
4. It would be nice if, upon selecting action, escape was inspect grid.
Poryg
Poryg
** Not upon selecting action. Before selecting action.

Initially they were two, but quickly went to four :D
Anyway, a 3x2 grid would look much better than the belt imho.
Poryg
Poryg
Horizontal and vertical line (Slice and Spiral vortex of Francis) are the same.
Poryg
Poryg
Okay, nevermind, they are just inverted. I was just confused, because after selecting a skill and pressing escape I go back to Slice instead of staying with the skill I was on.
Poryg
Poryg
We're absolutely lacking any data in regards to skill speed. Some are instantenous, some are fast, some are slow. We cannot see how slow though.
Also, even if the cast target is no longer valid (in other words all enemies/allies are dead in the AoE), the skill still gets cast.
Poryg
Poryg
From enemy AoE skills it's not apparent who got hit until you look at the HP, because the action doesn't even finish showing result and boom, zoom to the next character if it's close enough.
Poryg
Poryg
There are no sound indices for gain / loss. I have to rely on the green and white numbers. But apart from the fact that green numbers are hard to read on green background (I recommend some shading), what do these numbers even mean?
Poryg
Poryg
And completely btw., you absolutely overdid it with the graphics. They may be pretty, but reading any important data from them is hard. The ATB timeline is confusing. Its background is too strong and head icons small. Not to mention, it goes from start to finish for everyone. It's impossible to even try to guess whose turn is it going to be.
Poryg
Poryg
The skills are brutal too. I see the skill power and the abilities it uses. But is it a physical skill? A magical skill? Which of the stats is important? I really don't know.
Skill animations are inconsistent too. Bad centering makes it unclear where the skill is cast. Inconsistent animation tempos are not nice either.
Poryg
Poryg
Note: Journal doesn't help in how to recognize physical and magical skills either.

The constant zoom in, zoom out... To put it bluntly, it's literally sickening. Just two battles, even with breaks for typing here, were enough to bring me a headache and seizure.
Poryg
Poryg
The only real plus I can say is, I didn't encounter any major bugs or crashes.
Knighteriius
Knighteriius
Heck this was a brutal analysis but very true. Porridge makes a lot of points I was going to make, and even more. It has a lot of potential though. Keep refining it :).
Poryg
Poryg
I'm not Porridge. Porridge is soft and fluffy. I'm derived from Porygon, a pokémon living in the virtual world. Extremely rough edges, no curves.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I wonder why u didnt put this in the thread instead. dont you think to comment on the comment post is (ironically) inconvenient?
Kes
Kes
@TheoAllen At which point, I come on site, see this and go Noooooo!
@MushroomCake28 Status Updates are not for this sort of thing, it's not their purpose and the format is completely inappropriate for giving detailed feedback. Please use your game thread, or if you haven't got one, create it.
Poryg
Poryg
@TheoAllen I couldn't be bothered to search for the thread, simple :D
Poryg
Poryg
Also, given the fact that I wrote all the information simultaneously as I was playing, I wasn't really inconvenienced in any way.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Sorry should I linked to the thread. Now I'm confused either to reply here or in the thread lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inazumaelevenspain