Comments on Profile Post by Tw0Face

1. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    Save typewriter. Wait, is RE4 considered an RPG?
    May 7, 2019
  2. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    More seriously, Save 'item' or Checkpoint for general purposes.
    May 7, 2019
  3. gstv87
    gstv87
    beds.
    May 7, 2019
    Ryisunique likes this.
  4. Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    Hmm depends on the game? *clicks on event* these are save points, they are scattered around the world, use them efficiently to avoid data loss. "Wow they really do be making a save point a cat"
    May 7, 2019
  5. Kes
    Kes
    I've used a variety of things (and people) as save points, only in my first game was it a crystal. Try and make it tie in with some aspect of your game and it could become a way of adding lore, for example.
    May 7, 2019
    Tw0Face likes this.
  6. richter_h
    richter_h
    For me, and at the moment, crystals do the job well
    May 7, 2019
  7. Tw0Face
    Tw0Face
    @richter_h But if I just call it a crystal, you can't tell that it serves the purpose of saving the game. A crystal could as well be a valuable item for sales purposes.
    May 8, 2019
  8. Tw0Face
    Tw0Face
    @Kes This is a good idea. What item could you also think of as a save item and what would you call it? Maybe that will give me some more aspects to think of.
    May 8, 2019
  9. Tw0Face
    Tw0Face
    @Knighteriius I didn't make that one clear enough. It's not a crystal standing around, but a kind of item that you carry around with you in your inventory.
    May 8, 2019
    Knighteriius likes this.
  10. richter_h
    richter_h
    Well, the crystals I mentioned are called "Save Crystal" or in lore-friendly term, "Journeyman's Crystal". If you know Suikoden, you might know what I meant.
    May 8, 2019
  11. Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    I'm a bit late to the reply on this one but couldn't you call it something like a time crystal that the player holds and it's a special device that records the characters' journey. Perhaps it's a rare stone given down as an heirloom?
    May 10, 2019
    Tw0Face likes this.
  12. Tw0Face
    Tw0Face
    @Knighteriius I like the idea. It needs a bit of ingame explaination though, but with a small description added, this would make a proper save item.
    May 10, 2019