Comments on Profile Post by watermark

1. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    But it's better than it being the Wild West of the Internet.
    May 9, 2019
    MushroomCake28 and Darkanine like this.
  2. Jesse - PVGames
    Jesse - PVGames
    I grew up in the wild-west of the internet; I kinda miss it!
    May 9, 2019
  3. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    The most developed Western countries are most likely the countries with the most rules. It that wasn't the case, I don't know why I'm in law school.
    May 9, 2019
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I've been in the wild west of the internet, where people had no problem posting X rated images in the middle of a forum post, and got away with it due to no rules. Nope, I'll take this instead.
    May 9, 2019
    Windows i7 likes this.
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    I belong to some forums that still post x rated images in the middle of a discussion.
    May 9, 2019
  6. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    This forum isn't very strict at all compared to some I've encountered. On some forums, even posting a thread in the wrong section gets you a temporary ban.
    May 9, 2019
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I didn't find these forum rules is limiting though.
    May 9, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Yeah it's not that restricting. Just no 18+ stuff, and there's restrictions on commercial activities.
    May 9, 2019
  9. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Sheesh. Some people are a bit overbearing, eh @Windows i7 ? Regardless, the rules here aren't bad. Maybe for people who are new, they might be more strict in moderating posts than most forums you are used to, but they are laid back here, for the most part.
    May 9, 2019
  10. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    This forum is way nicer than most others I went into.
    May 9, 2019
  11. watermark
    watermark
    First of all, I respect all the rules and I follow them. And I totally agree with no Xrated stuff rule. This came up because of the recent new rule that no Patreon or crowdfunding links are allowed anymore. Which, I really don't see the sense of. And there are other rules from before I forget what but it just seems a new rule gets added from time to time. It can be somewhat discouraging.
    May 9, 2019
  12. watermark
    watermark
    I think the purpose of this forum should be to help users of RM do better. The better us RM devs do the more popular the engine becomes. If we get fans saying, "Hey that uber-popular game was made using RM! Maybe I should use it too." It's a win-win situation for Degica. I don't see why Degica should discourage us advertising RM stuff. As for the Wild West, well...there's still RMN...
    May 9, 2019
  13. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I believe the rules were made because there was a sort of accident or a strong reason to do so. Remember why 30 minimum post rules was made for the commercial section?

To be fair, it might be better why the crowdfunding rules were enforced, but staff may have their own classified reasons (although you can ask).
    May 9, 2019
    watermark likes this.
  14. watermark
    watermark
    Thanks for the advice but it's really no big deal. I'm a diehard RM fan so I'll prob be one of the ones still sticking around even if the site adds a gajillion new rules. Still, as one of the core users, I like to exercise my privilege of grumbling every now and then. I can understand why they do it but I don't have to like it. XD
    May 9, 2019
  15. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Theoallen is kinda correct ad to why the change. I'm not sure how much more I'm allowed to say so I'll leave it st that
    May 9, 2019
  16. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    The public need to know the details, man. Even though we don't need to know.
    May 10, 2019