Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Just remember that more scripts means more chances for bugs. In general, fewer scripts makes debugging easier.
    May 9, 2019
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Lol same. People don't get that when you code your own plugins/scripts, stuff tends to get blurry. Different plugins are dependent from each other, so basically you could you use only one big plugin/script.
    May 9, 2019
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    I guess the only real answer to that question is "very many".
    May 9, 2019
    TheoAllen likes this.
  4. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    More of Yanfly's Plugins you use, the more cool stuff you can make. Yanfly keeps a constant update. Tips: test the plugins before put it in your main project, so you do not have to find that one is broken or conflict with current plugins.
    May 9, 2019
  5. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Kupotepo I think he meant that when you code everything, there's no plugin count since all your "plugins" work as a whole unit, unlike general plugins that people download and use which act as a functional unit by itself.
    May 9, 2019
  6. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Kupotepo For example, my battle system uses 5 different plugins (and other minor plugins) that are dependant from each other, so it's not really 5 plugins but rather one plugin. Now extend that logic to the entire project lol.
    May 9, 2019
  7. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @MushroomCake28, Thank you for an explanation. validating and debugging your own plugin is costing hours of hours to get code running properly.
    I see some people just use other people's open source code piece because it is a ready-made template.
    May 10, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Kupotepo Yeah that's the advantage of public plugins, but coding your own gives you a level of customization that is not possible with public plugins. So you can create features that are new and unique to your game.
    May 10, 2019
    Kupotepo likes this.
  9. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    As many as you need.
    May 10, 2019
  10. Nantas
    Nantas
    I use a lot of them, but I have achieved to not get any bugs. However, when I have to request a plugin to a coder, it gets very tedious to explain the situation XD
    May 10, 2019
  11. Ebanyle
    Ebanyle
    I cry everytime I see how other people's games run smoothly at 60 FPS :'D
    May 10, 2019
  12. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    May 10, 2019
  13. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @Kupotepo when u see your project as a pure code, you don't see numbers of plugin/script. Because RM project is not a game that you can count the mods. The code is open that it gets blurry. Would I could a code that does only one thing in one map as a separate script/plugin by itself? Does separate script slot that store damage formula is also a script by itself?
    May 10, 2019
    Kupotepo likes this.