RPG Maker Forums

mlogan
mlogan
Exercising more?
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Total energy from food = metabolism energy + physical energy. One of these 3 variables changed, or a brain tumor that pushes on the hypothalamus that affects your perception of hunger. I would bet on the first hypothesis lol.
Poryg
Poryg
I am exercising more, but I don't think that's at fault here, since I'm still eating foods that contain a lot of energy. I have even bought some protein supplements to just fill me up and prevent me from eating so much. But it just won't work. I eat and in 30 minutes I feel hungry again even if I'm totally stuffed.
Poryg
Poryg
It's true that I have tried to decrease the energy intake. I have reduced the intake of sweets and simple sugars and increased protein in my diet. However, I don't think the reduction was severe enough to justify the constant hunger.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Well if it still persists, maybe you should go see a doctor.
Poryg
Poryg
Well... That's fourth reason in a short timeframe to visit a doctor... I'm almost ready to buy my own coffin :D
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Lol then you should go see one! Coffins are not cheap!
Sharm
Sharm
Ah, I think I found it. I mean, it's just google but it makes sense with the other stuff you've got in your medical history. Leptin deficiency because your fat intake is too low.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
@Sharm That makes sense. I don't have enough enzymes to deal with fat, which makes me unable to eat fat meat (or in fact anything drenched in oil) without getting sick.
Sharm
Sharm
I know you eat a lot of carbs to try to gain fat in other ways that your body can deal with, do you need to increase those to match up with the increased exercise? Or do you think you have enough stored due to your current weight that just being hungry until your body adjusts would be a good choice?
Poryg
Poryg
I think I have more than enough fat to survive for weeks even in a starvation mode. So I think adjusting my diet would be appropriate. I'll need to implement more complex saccharides. Potatoes are a hefty source of starch, so it could work. And I can get some fat from milk. In fact milk is my only reliable source of fat for some reason.
Sharm
Sharm
Glad you have options. But still, I worry about you a lot. If I could get a trustworthy and competent doctor to you I would.
Poryg
Poryg
Well, I'm a mess, what can I say. Heart problems and diabetes in mother's blood line, pancreas and digestive system cancer in father's blood line. nicotine addiction as a baby (mother was a heavy smoker and drank 2 beers a day as she bore me), malnutrition through puberty and from what it looks like to me a dysfunctional kidney too.
But I'm not going to die. Not yet. That I can promise :)
Sharm
Sharm
Okay, I'll take that promise. I know what it's like to be a physical mess. We're tough souls, this isn't enough to stop us, right?
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Absolutely. Especially when there's still so much to do. There's a girlfriend to be found, movies to be watched and games to be played... Given my laziness and problems with focus, I doubt I'll be able to do anything productive or fulfill my dreams :D
Sharm
Sharm
Don't beat yourself up as much for laziness. I wouldn't say this to most people, but for us, laziness isn't often actually laziness. Your body can't work the same way as others, so sometimes your brain tricks you into getting the rest you need. Our will is more tied up in our body's health than most people think.
Sharm
Sharm
That said, goals are good. Just make them realistic and something you can slowly chip away at over time. That's what I do. It keeps me sane and not so dependent on finding distractions from the pain. But when I can't chip away at it on a day, that's okay too. I'm sick. I'm not doing anything wrong by accepting that.
Poryg
Poryg
You are right, but if I could focus on programming at least 50% as well as I can focus on puzzle games,...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi-Yo! When you just started learning to program, you tend to discover new strange keywords along the way. Is it better to keep learning how to use every new keyword you found OR just leave it until you need it(probably)?
:kaodes:
So I decided the best way to represent insanity was to simply make two maps fight for supremacy in front of the player. The results are everything I hoped for! :LZSexcite:

Ami
look the release date - finally!!!
look the price - (convert into Rupiah)"maybe im too forcing myself…" (wait again until Autumn or Christmas Sale)
so MZ is releasing next month :/ I still don't know if I should pick it up or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzz1k