RPG Maker Forums

MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Lol sure, it's not the first thing I thought of when reading your post. But yeah, that's also a good one. Now this just went from a bluff to a gamble: will the mods intervene (religious stuff)? To be continued...
Poryg
Poryg
1.2 Do NOT discuss religion, politics or nationalism (nationalism is defined as discussions about why one country/nation is better than others or why a country/nation is bad) outside the scope of game development.

I can't see how this breaks the rule, we're not discussing religion.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Yeah I know, I'm not really religious, but some more religious people might find that offensive lol.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@MushroomCake28 some ppl might find everything offensive and there might or might not be a similarity there lol
Poryg
Poryg
If I had to say nothing that can be offensive for someone, I'd have to shut up all day thanks to this political correctness thing. Not to mention, not being allowed to deny the existence of gods can be offensive for atheists :p :D
Finnuval
Finnuval
Having an opinion is offensive, not having one is offensive, so.... Yeah you go figure it out :p
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Yeah a lot of stuff are offensive today, and in a free society I'd say you're right, we shouldn't mind people getting offended. But on a forum, owned by a private entity, they have the freedom to limit our rights with their rules. All I'm saying, is that this forum might not like it. But anyways, let's forget it lol.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
I thought Eminem was a Rap God.
Poryg
Poryg
The Stranger
The Stranger
It's not a very good joke. Besides, it's not about political correctness, it's about obeying the rules you've agreed to follow.
Dalph
Dalph
Dat poor excuse of a joke to circumvent the rules regarding religion. Clever, lol.
Poryg
Poryg
@Dalph The purpose of it was neither to bend nor to circumvent the rules and, just for the record, neither it was to instigate one. There was no religious or political discussion intended either. Sorry if you misunderstood.
The Stranger
The Stranger
'Not really, I just made a god related joke, because there's no proof even gods exist. :D' sounds like a fairly religious thing to me. Perhaps discussion isn't the right word, but it's definitely religious\anti-religious.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I mean, saying that you made a God joke because there's no proof God exists is pretty inflammatory. There's no way that wouldn't ruffle some feathers here, and could instigate a religious discussion. I know there's a few practicing Christians on here, as well as people who follow other faiths.
Poryg
Poryg
I wouldn't call it antireligious. It does not deny religions and neither does it deny god. It merely states that there's no proof for god's existence, since lack of tangible existence of gods is what makes many atheists atheists.
The Stranger
The Stranger
And now it's a religious discussion. xD
Poryg
Poryg
Also, for this whole time (apart from Eminem) I was using lowercase god and gods, exactly for the purpose of not going against religions.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Only against monotheism, but polytheistic religions still exist. We typically use lowercase god and gods when talking about the non-Christian deities. You know what you were doing. Personally, I don't care, but at least own what you've said. You made a bad religious joke. No need to try to worm your way out of it.
Poryg
Poryg
I don't deny I've made a bad religious joke. All I deny is breaking or bending/circumventing the rules or intending to do so.
Stapleton
Stapleton
There is plenty of proof in oneself that God exists. If you can look past your own arrogance, that is. You have to find God on your own. That's the beauty of it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz