RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Only game I've ever platinumed is Tales from the Borderlands, and that's only because you get a platinum from simply completing the game. lol.
Knighteriius
Knighteriius
What game? A telltale game you can platinum on accident
The Stranger
The Stranger
I've come close to getting a platinum in Days Gone. I just need to do drifts for a couple of minutes with my bike, and find a few collectibles. Probably wont actually do those things, though. Really did enjoy doing most of the things in that game. After killing the last horde, I rode back to Lost Lake and quit the game. I felt like I had done everything of note.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I haven't even killed all the hordes (there were like 2-3 left to the south). Got the big reveal from O'brian (which kinda pissed me off, I mean if the suits were just disguises why did that dude Cooper in the caves refuse rescue when his suit was "compromised"?) and decided I was done.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Glad it works well on the ps4-pro. It's a great game overall, O'brian's stupid reveal aside the story is actually impressive overall for a game story, especially for an open-world zombie sandbox. On my old 8 year old ps4 the game almost wouldn't play before the second patch dropped.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I don't think all of the members of Nero were like O'brien. He mentioned that only he and his new crew (the soldiers) didn't like how things operated in Nero, so I just assumed that small group were the evolved while the rest were still human.
The Stranger
The Stranger
That ending was probably setting up for an expansion. Was sad that other characters, such as your wife, don't exist in the world after you're done with the story. You sometimes see Boozer, and can give toys to the puppy, but that's really about it.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I might have to watch it again. I got the impression he was saying the people heading nero were all evolved when he warned that they were coming for the survivors...which confused me because I thought the freaks were supposed to be all hive-minded, so how is O'brian then not a part of that? Just seemed like a crappy teaser to keep the door open for a sequel in all honesty, didn't fit at all the the narrative prior.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I just headcanon that Sarah's locked herself into Cloverdale still working on her research like she was about to do before being outed by Schizzo. Woulda been nice if there were a postgame mission about that, rather than the stupid O'brian sequel teaser that pokes several plotholes into the story out of nowhere though.
Windows i7
Windows i7
The Stranger
The Stranger
I think they were experimenting with the virus so as to create a strain that doesn't turn everyone into mindless monsters. The Freaks reminded me of the vampiric creatures from I Am Legend. I liked the story before that. Just a man struggling with grief and refusing to let go of his wife. Glad it had a happy ending.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Windows i7 you got me...it's only almost 7 years old, I was to lazy to google the release date, knew I'd owned one almost since they were released and just gustimated the years from there.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
It really was good, and not nearly as predictable as it seemed. Every time they set themselves up for a cliche they'd 180, like with Boozer, then the big meetup with Sarah and the way their relationship had to be completely rekindled overtime...I don't know what the reviewers were talking about with this one, the story which is it's most heavily criticized "flaw" is one of the strongest aspects of the game.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I doubt most got that far in the story. Those who did get far enough seemed to like it. Then you had some reviewers who clearly held some pretty big personal biases. Some took cutscenes out of context in order to make the story, and its characters, seem worse than they actually were - the wedding scene comes to mind.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Reviews are useless. Probably best to watch some gameplay footage on YouTube to help you decide whether you want to buy a game or not, I know that's what I do nowadays.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Oh yeah, gotta admit I found that cringey myself...but google exists for a reason and it's easy to realize that that was a real life reference to a real-life culture and not just poor game writing or whatever.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I was really impressed with the game for making me care so much about a character who is established early on as a psychopathic killer with a literal murder fetish, and more so with how it both justified his insanity and pulled him out of it in a realistic, believable way. I spent the first 4th of the game disliking Deek but accepting that his broken mind fit in well with the game world at least.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyStarGazing