Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    I wish I could unwatch seasons 6-8. Or perhaps forget all of the show; I prefer the books so much, even if they may never get finished, it's still preferable to... whatever the show has become.
    May 14, 2019
    mlogan and Dalph like this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I feel the same way. I used to love the show but it really went downhill after season 5. And this last season is such a train wreck, it pisses me off so much.
    May 14, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Honestly, that's how most of the series end. In fact even Pokémon was great only for the first three seasons... And then it went downhill.
    May 14, 2019
  4. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    This isn't just a "bad" ending. It's seasons of terrible, terrible writing. Character arcs just completely broken for nonsensical reasons. Lore they established ignored.
    May 14, 2019
    ?????? likes this.
  5. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    What did you expect to happen once the show overtook the books which inspired it? I doubt even George Martin knows how to end the series, I think that's why each new novel takes so much longer to come out than the one before it. To much conflict to believably have everyone come together to fight the wights, wights to powerful to believably be beaten back by whoever is left standing at the end of the game, catch-22.
    May 14, 2019
  6. ??????
    ??????
    I too have been incredibly dissapointed with episode 3+ from this season. I mean, the big baddie from the past 7 seasons got oneshot like a nub.. didnt even get a swing of his sword or nothing.. boss may as well have been a lvl 3 slime fs :/
    May 14, 2019
    Galenmereth likes this.
  7. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Unfortunately most shows end poorly as they can't live up to the unrealistic hype that has been built up over them
    May 14, 2019
  8. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    There's a difference between a show ending poorly by subjective standards, and a show ending poorly because of what is objectively poor writing. It is possible to write objectively poor dialogue and stories, and that's what this show suffers from heavily at this point.

I have many subjective qualms with many shows that make me not like them, but I am able to separate that from things that simply are *bad*.
    May 14, 2019
    ?????? and Kyuukon like this.
  9. Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    Last episode was really disappointing to watch..
    May 14, 2019
  10. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I've only seen 1 or 2 seasons of that show and that's years ago.
    May 14, 2019
  11. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Even the actors are disappointed:

Contains two tiny scenes from episode 1 & 3 if you haven’t seen those.
    May 14, 2019
  12. Dalph
    Dalph
    @Philosophus Vagus
    According to several sources, George already finished the last two books a while ago, he is just waiting for the show to end. Fortunately they will have a different ending (I hope a better onw).
    May 14, 2019
  13. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I like it and dont understand the hate. What happened last episode has been foreshadowed since during the book seasons. Everyone just sounds like book elitists for books that dont exist.
    May 14, 2019
  14. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @The Mighty Palm I'm more of an I'm not gonna pay money for television and to lazy to pirate elitist but whatever.
    May 14, 2019
  15. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    @The Mighty Palm It’s not just about what happened in this latest episode specifically — some of it does indeed make sense in a broader context — but how the events just don’t work in context of the last few episodes and, for some things, seasons. I don’t want to get into specific spoiler territory, but you’ve got a character who simply abandons their path they’ve spent years training for because someone says
    May 14, 2019
  16. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    “you don’t want to end up like me”. You’ve got a certain flying creature suddenly immune to the precision of weapons displayed to be deadly accurate /the previous episode/ (which itself was ridiculous lazy writing). You’ve got an army reaching the front door of a keep by sea circumventing its entire navy.
    May 14, 2019
    Kyuukon likes this.
  17. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    People arriving in time for the battle by horseback as fast as by sea... It goes on and on. It’s lazy stuff justified simply for spectacle’s sake, which makes otherwise good scenes feel cheap. This was a show of details and nuance turned to spectacle and gore for the sake of it.
    May 14, 2019
  18. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    @Galenmereth is that what everyones upset about? I thought it was the events and story. Yeah the pacing is borked but thats cuz the show has to end. George said hed like it to be longer but it cant be so of course things are rushed. I dont see it as bad writing, just... rushed.
    May 14, 2019
  19. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    and you know who not only trusts the person who told them that, but knew there was truth in it AND hasnt "just noticed it" but has been coming to realise how empty vengeance is for a while now.
    May 14, 2019
  20. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Oh no there’s plenty about the story that is absolute rubbish as well, but it’ll get very spoilery and long-winded I’m afraid. There’s so much wrong with dialogue and character motivations (or lack thereof), but people have made far better analysis of this than me, and I don’t think you care ;)
    May 14, 2019
  21. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    The build up is always better than the conclusion.
    May 14, 2019