RPG Maker Forums

D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
Like, from a character perspective: the player's party is a clear threat to the boss. Why mess around with other skills when they could cast their instant death skill and be done with it?
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
The obvious out-of-universe answer is that "so the player actually has a chance," but in-universe it makes the boss look really stupid. It'd be nice to have at least a hand wave as to why the boss can't immediately wipe the party from existence.
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
Random thought from watching a video of the infamous Demi-fiend fight from the first Digital Devil Saga and wondering why he even bothers with anything that isn't Gaea Rage. Maybe it just has a really high MP cost?
mathmaster74
mathmaster74
Standard o.p. villain trope. They think they have you in one swipe anytime, so they toy with you like cat-and-mouse while they divulge every secret in their hundred page plot for world domination and give you every key needed to eradicate it. Lol! Comic books.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
You ever seen Austin Powers? ;)
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
Charging up to make the attack. Ex. Bahamut FFIV
Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
Maybe they're like Limit Breaks, they are only usable when pushed too far/need to build up power first.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally returning to one of my least favorite parts of game deving - mapping.
Me, adding new map: Okay, so this map will be the - wait...Map 501?! O.O E-excuse me?!
So, yup...breaking into the 500's for map count. Some are placeholders for now, since I haven't gotten around to actually mapping them yet. But soon. Very soon...oof, I'm scared.
Did anyone else get a 'sever error' a little while ago on fourms? because I did...
So... today was a friend birthday and she explicitly requested this little scene, otherwise she'll come to my house and shot me with a water gun.

Kinda late to the party but if you're trying to make a game with relatively large roster, my suggestion: be ready for a long, long ride yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucianth