RPG Maker Forums

D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
Like, from a character perspective: the player's party is a clear threat to the boss. Why mess around with other skills when they could cast their instant death skill and be done with it?
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
The obvious out-of-universe answer is that "so the player actually has a chance," but in-universe it makes the boss look really stupid. It'd be nice to have at least a hand wave as to why the boss can't immediately wipe the party from existence.
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami
Random thought from watching a video of the infamous Demi-fiend fight from the first Digital Devil Saga and wondering why he even bothers with anything that isn't Gaea Rage. Maybe it just has a really high MP cost?
mathmaster74
mathmaster74
Standard o.p. villain trope. They think they have you in one swipe anytime, so they toy with you like cat-and-mouse while they divulge every secret in their hundred page plot for world domination and give you every key needed to eradicate it. Lol! Comic books.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
You ever seen Austin Powers? ;)
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
Charging up to make the attack. Ex. Bahamut FFIV
Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
Maybe they're like Limit Breaks, they are only usable when pushed too far/need to build up power first.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChaosEmperor