Comments on Profile Post by PixelHeart

1. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    I think he called it guttata, or something. He said it was weird that I have it since usually its elderly women that develop it. When it starts becoming an issue I'll have to have a cornea transplant. Yikes...
    May 18, 2019
  2. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Well, my brain ignores most of the input from my left eye. So even though there's nothing wrong with that eye, its only good for 20/200 vision. Neurological issues are a lot harder to correct than ones with the eye itself.
    May 18, 2019
    OmnislashXX likes this.
  3. ??????
    ??????
    Dont worry, robot eyes will be here soon enough, with included wifi of course!
    May 18, 2019
  4. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @?????? - X3 ahhh lol.... I dunno, I think just want a normal cornea transplant.

@Windows i7 - Wow, so you cant see anything out your left? Doc says my vission in my left is pretty bad. Its definitely not as good as my right, but I feel like I can see pretty ok with my left, even when I close my right.
    May 18, 2019
    ?????? likes this.
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    I've heard about that before. Maybe you'll be lucky and by the time it's a problem there will be better solutions. They're starting to get places with 3D printing living tissue, maybe they can use something like that to fix the holes.
    May 18, 2019
    PixelHeart and OmnislashXX like this.
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    Also, maybe you'll be like me and luck out with just having the precursor but no symptoms. I have a pressure differential in my eyes. Normally that means glaucoma, but there's no evidence of any damage, so I don't technically have it.
    May 18, 2019
  7. Sharm
    Sharm
    I was so terrified when they told me about it, losing my vision is one of the few things I don't think I could handle. I still have to get extra testing every year just in case I really do have glaucoma and the damage hasn't started yet, but so far so good.
    May 18, 2019
  8. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    You got that right @Windows i7 . I sorta wish this stroke had been something else, like I got shot or broke an arm. Instead I have to deal with the neurological effects of my brain no longer communicating anything to my right hand. At least we are all in this together.
    May 18, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  9. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Losing vision, or hearing, would be an absolute nightmare. I don't know if I could live without seeing the world, seeing art, hearing sounds and voices, and listening to music. Vision and hearing are some of the many blessings I am so thankful to have.
    May 18, 2019
  10. ??????
    ??????
    there was an episode of 'black mirror' (iirc) where there was some airborne disease taking over and infected people would lose all senses. so sight, smell, hearing, etc. Eventually it took over the world and everyone lost all senses. Was quite an interesting watch :)
    May 18, 2019
  11. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @KaBlooZio Well, I can see some things but definitely can not read well with that eye. Its still good for recognizing objects for the most part. If I see something in my left eye I usually turn my head to see it better with my right. Even that eye isn't perfect though and I wear glasses and have a corrective lenses restriction on my driver's license.
    May 18, 2019