Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Ooooh. I've recently discovered that I have to swear off yardwork for life and so I'm jealous of you. Allergies are the worst. Have fun in the sun and green!
    May 21, 2019
    Ms Littlefish likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Someone left a nasty note in my mailbox about how messy the lawn is. Like...sorry? I work in two ERs. No HOA. Ugly lawn isn't a crime. Stop looking over my fenc? BUT. When I'm done out here they'll be jealous. They have no idea I have a horticulture degree and did landscape design. XD
    May 21, 2019
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    No HOA and you just moved in and they're pulling that sort of nonsense? Wooow. At least knock on the front door and find out what's going on and if you can help if it bugs you that much, wow.
    May 21, 2019
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    I love proving people wrong by being more awesome than expected. Show those nosey neighbors how amazing a yard can look!
    May 21, 2019
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    I think I'd be a bit tempted to put a sign up in the yard. "Dear nosey neighbor: I'm currently too busy saving lives to work in the yard, but you're free to come mow it yourself if you'd like."
    May 21, 2019
  6. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Ms Littlefish, I did see you for a long time. How are you doing? What trees or flowers did you grow?
    May 21, 2019
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Sharm Yep. I'd tell them the same thing I tell nurses who think I can fully result their coagulation study in 10 minutes, "It gets done when it gets done." And, when it's done there will be fruit trees, woody perennials, and is going to be sustained on rainwater, compost, and electricity.
    May 21, 2019
    Sharm likes this.
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Kupotepo I'm doing well. Just getting used to this new schedule. I haven't been able to put much down in the yard as first I have to remediate the topography and soil composition this year. The back is really bumpy so I might just cut up the sod entirely, lime it, and put new sod down.
    May 21, 2019
    Kupotepo likes this.
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, especially with the inherent craziness of your schedule it seems like it would be better to put in the work now so you have less in the future.
    May 21, 2019