RPG Maker Forums

OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
The creators who make RPGMaker.
Sharm
Sharm
Nope. Honestly, once one does come out the news will probably come from a Japanese news site before anyone here knows anything.
Knighteriius
Knighteriius
MV hasn't been out for that long yet, and the interface is pretty versatile. They technically have no need to upgrade at this point, so maybe in a few years, from speculation alone
Shaz
Shaz
Do you know that there IS a new RPG Maker? Or is going to be one?
Powerise
Powerise
I only plan to make a lot of resources for RPG Maker MV and fear that there will be a new and better RPG Maker with different resources
Shaz
Shaz
That is the risk every artist or programmer takes. You either start making, or you don't. People don't all automatically migrate over when a new maker is released. Lots of people are still using Ace, and even XP and 2K/2K3.
Sharm
Sharm
I figure if they change it again they'll either play it smart and pick up some of the stuff they dropped in XP, with less of that square autotile nonsense, or they'll go bigger again, at something like 64x64 (like I thought MV would be). But there's no real way to predict it. Even MV has ways to import 32x32 tiles (with plugins) so you don't need to worry too much.
Ebanyle
Ebanyle
MVRTP is still similar to that of the VX engines, so they'll probably keep a similar style. Even if you plan doing resources in a different artstyle, it's not bound to any engine, so don't worry. Besides that, MV resources are bigger so if they don't scale up the next engine you should be good.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!
Always remember kids keep a copy of you email with your download code in it or you will never find it again in your email :kaocry:
Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nazu