RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I find both hard to draw without reference.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Oh, undoubtedly. What I mean is, if I look at hand references and foot references, I'm more likely to butcher feet either way.
mathmaster74
mathmaster74
I think we're more used to seeing our hands and it's definitely easier to pose your own hand for reference. You don't see bare feet often and they're just not a thing we naturally observe being so far below eye level. They are also really funky shaped and distort in ways that at times don't look natural in differing stances, so...yeah...feet are tough.
Darth Equus
Darth Equus
If it makes you feel better, so do some professional comic book artists.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
@mathmaster74 that's very likely part of it. Plus the perspective is a complete and utter pain very often. Even if a character is just standing normally.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
You can hide them under the boots or socks though.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
That's true. In which case you don't need to worry about toes. There's still the matter of perspective, though....

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!
Found this old picture in the plastic case with my medical documents. I don't remember who this character is (I draw a lot of original characters and forgot about them very soon), but I like the design, may be I'll add guy in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kolris