MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
It just started.
??????
??????
:o *leaves for youtube immediately*
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
New GPU vaguely announced (RX 5000 series) and we'll get the details at E3. Ryzen 3000 not announced yet, but I can feel it coming soon.
??????
??????
I hope more ff7 remake info comes soon, they said next month, and its almost next month!!! <3
I swear, I'm gonna write mods for that game so hard!!
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
So we get the Ryzen 3900X: 12 cores/24 Threads, 3.8 GHz base/4.6 GHz boost, 105 TDP, 36 MB Cache, PCIe 4th gen, and all that for 500$ USD! INSANE!
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
That'd be a machine!! Wonder if 'new gen' ryzen still likes faster rams...
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Probably, it's an upgrade of the current architecture, so the infinity fabric still probably is dependent of RAM speed. Guess we'll have to wait for benchmarks.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Honestly I'll probably get that R9 and try to overclock the hell out of it. 4.5+ GHz on all 12 cores would be insane.
??????
??????
No need for it tbh, not unless your doing some heavy rendering! But yea, it'd be nice to have. My pc is still 'too new' to consider an upgrade yet :(
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Honestly I don't really need that extra 0.5 GHz, but it's just fun to overclock lol.
??????
??????
I legit overclocked once (to 4.8 - i7 7700k), decided the benefit wasnt much over my default 4.0 speed, and went back down - would be nice to touch 5 one day though :D
??????
??????
ehh, default might be 4.2, idk, its been a while :D
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Yeah the benefit isn't huge, but it's still fun to do! I just like seeing higher numbers and getting close to the limit.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
It's more of an enthusiast thing than a practical one lol.
??????
??????
lmao yea thats for sure :D
If a nerd cant be enthusiastic over a cpu though... what hope do we got? :p
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
Indeed! Well said hahaha
Poryg
Poryg
Overclocking Intel CPUs is useful for gamers who want to squeeze out every last frame. So not for me :D
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Sounds powerful. Perfect for playing minecraft.
MushroomCake28
MushroomCake28
@Poryg With the 15% IPC boost from Ryzen gen 3, Ryzen now has about the same IPC has the latest intel cpus. Meaning that for gaming intel no longer has any advantage over AMD clock for clock. But yeah, intel can get up to 5 GHz with heavy overclock, but AMD will probably have a better clock/$.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm