Comments on Profile Post by Romanticist

1. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    ...I don't want to have to set the variable to check every single individual item in the database to see if it is in my inventory :/
    May 29, 2019
  2. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Might be best to post this as a support thread. I think you'll need coding to this though.
    May 29, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  3. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    You indeed need a bit of coding. If you're looking to include ALL items (including weapons and armors), then add a script call and copy paste this (for switch #94 as an example): $gameVariables.setValue(94, $gameParty.allItems());
    May 29, 2019
  4. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Sorry, slight mistake (this should be a thread), replace by: $gameVariables.setValue(94, $gameParty.allItems().length);
    May 29, 2019
  5. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Shoot I thought I added that I'm working in VXAce but it seems like when I was cutting my message due to 140 char restraints, I cut that too 0_0
    That looks like JS, or is that for VXAce?
    May 29, 2019
  6. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    I had the idea of setting a variable equal to "$game_party.item_number($data_items[1..346])" but it can't even fit inside the script box. >.> Then I made a cond. branch and added ">= $game_variables[89]", but didn't work.
    May 29, 2019
  7. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    make a script call, you should have enough space in it.
    May 29, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    And from memory, in vx ace the script should be: $game_variables[89] = $game_party.all_items.size
    May 29, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  9. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Ah yes, making a script call for the variable totally slipped my mind lol. I was using a variable script function (you know, the script call in the variable menu) and there isn't enough space in there. But the default script call should be more than enough
    May 29, 2019
  10. Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their function. As bgillisp suggested, this belongs in a thread in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
    May 29, 2019
  11. Kes
    Kes
    Not only is that the best place for it, it also means that if anyone in the future has the same question they can find the solution by a quick search. They will never find an answer in Updates as these are not included in searches.
    May 29, 2019
  12. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Sigh, I knew this would happen. Well, I'll respect your request but I just figure for a tiny question I'll use my status update (since I have no other use for status updates). I apologize.
    May 30, 2019
  13. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    why not use discord for such "small" question?
    May 30, 2019
  14. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Because I don't like to use Discord. Simple as that, really. I don't understand why using my status updates for a question bothers anyone. If you don't want to interact with me, then don't. :/ But again, I won't use it for questions anymore since I was asked.
    May 30, 2019