RPG Maker Forums

TheSorcerer
Cool. Do you have links for the other 194 countries in the world?
TheSorcerer
That link covers 0.5% of the planet.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Nope, but if it is an US item you have to follow US law.
TheSorcerer
Degica is a Japanese based company isn't it?
TheSorcerer
Cool, I'll keep that in mind if I buy a US item.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Right, but many violate the law for US based companies too. Plus last time I checked EU law is the same, and I think Japan follows this law too.
bgillisp
bgillisp
But the point is...making a fan game is not covered under fair use. And I think that is true for ANY country.
TheSorcerer
Ah yes, fan games are something to steer clear of everyday day of the week.

Sorry, I didn't fully get the context of the original status update. Makes sense now.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Just trying to educate more on this, as the internet has a lot of false info on fair use.
TheSorcerer
Absolutely. It's terrible.

People cry "it's fair use".

So, you ask "did you make the original".

Reply "No".

"Then how do you have the right to use something you had no part in creating?".
TheSorcerer
Pretty much as simple as that. If you didn't create it, you have no right using it.

(Unless specifically granted permission of course).
bgillisp
bgillisp
Right. I work at a college and the rule for us with textbooks is we can use up to 1 Chapter without having the students buy the book, but if we want to use more than that we have to have the students buy the textbook.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@bgillisp, some students shares a textbook, however, access code cannot be share. Do you think a textbook company going to a college student? The law can be applied ruthlessly. However, the court will taking account of reasonableness and fair warning. I do not know why I am saying lol.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Sometime, I talk forsank of talking. It is a bad habit.
bgillisp
bgillisp
No worries. Though what I was talking about was some teachers photocopy sections of other books and use them as class material. Some though took it too far and copied the entire book, so after some legal issues what we were told was a teacher could copy 1 chapter or less legally, but no more.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:
If I survive the pandemic without 2nd degree obesity, I'll celebrate. The stress I have to deal with at work is so insane my candy consumption has increased by 400% just to help me survive the day sometimes.
I don't like calling my daily stuff coronadailies... anyone a better suggestion?
Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
I'm starting to think I just dont like anime since the last one I enjoyed was none of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootlegtexas