Comments on Profile Post by ShyChangling

1. ShyChangling
    ShyChangling
    Idea! I take 10/20 minutes out of a day to work on my game.

This way I don't spend all day in a depression cause I haven't progressed thus not allowing myself to burn out on my hobby!
    May 31, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  2. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    I'm weird in that my depression makes me not want to do anything BUT work on my game lol. Well, I tend to work VERY slowly, though. But it's relaxing, and I just put music on in the background.
    May 31, 2019
    ShyChangling likes this.
  3. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Anyways, even if you don't seem like you're making much progress, just keep at it and within a month you'll look back and think "wow, I actually made a good amount of progress". Especially if you keep back ups, then you can compare your earlier version with your current one.
    May 31, 2019
    ShyChangling likes this.
  4. ShyChangling
    ShyChangling
    Smart idea!

Sometimes I just replay portions of my game I've made when depressed rather then adding to it lmao. Idk why I find that relaxing, my brain is weird like that.

Right now I decided instead of dreading how to push forward I just add new map areas I forgot to put in the first time.
    May 31, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  5. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Dude, I do the same thing, lol. I'll find myself playing my game, and then when I save, it'll have 45 min on the play time count... Sigh I waste a lot of time haha

Mapping is a great thing to do when you feel down. There's nothing more relaxing imo. The hard part is the eventing, but don't let it intimidate you too much. Just take it a little at a time.
    May 31, 2019
  6. ShyChangling
    ShyChangling
    Events are my favorite parts to do on a map! I've taught myself so much but just screwing around in the events.

To the point I keep adding new ideas to certain events and then forget to move plot forward. Or to fix small pieces of my map.

The curse of the infinite event polishing loop. Although luckily I have found all I pluggins I care to add to the game so hoping that loop does not come back.
    May 31, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  7. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    I actually enjoy eventing too, but it can get frustrating when it doesn't work like you want it to, and you can't figure out why haha. But then when you do get it to work, it's such a great feeling!
    May 31, 2019
  8. ShyChangling
    ShyChangling
    I know right! One time one of my npcs in an event wouldn't move and I nearly broke down crying (I'm senstative and dumb).

turned out I was making the wrong npc move. In my defense I had just woken up.
    May 31, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  9. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    Sometimes I almost pull my hair out in rage ahaha
    May 31, 2019
    ShyChangling likes this.