Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. cabfe
    cabfe
    Because of the lack of air?
    Jun 5, 2019
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Here is another amazing fact: 100 degree 100% humidity is no fun to run in :D
    Jun 5, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    @cabfe Due to the lack of ground resistance. You use up much less energy running on a treadmill than you would running outdoor. So it's good to build a base foundation for your fitness, but once you're capable of running 9 km/h with no problems, it's much more productive to take your running out.
    Jun 5, 2019
    Ryisunique and cabfe like this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Also, running outdoor doesn't feel so long. Our gym has spoteee, which is essentially dataprojected nature, so you don't watch walls, but even so, running feels like eternity there. Outdoor was more fun and before I realized it, I was already 1.5km in. Then fatigue started to kick in. :D
    Jun 5, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    The lack of air isn't an issue, since there's always enough air. The only thing that's lacking is air circulation. And even running at 29°C outdoor feels much nicer than running at 25°C indoors, because without circulation the air around you heats up to uncomfortable levels very quickly.
    Jun 5, 2019
  6. Nekohime1989
    Nekohime1989
    well it doesn't take you anywhere... so i agree treadmill is a waste of time.
    Jun 5, 2019
  7. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Someone should make an exercise machine that turns the mechanical energy of the exercising into electricity to charge stuff with. Then it wouldn't be a waste anymore.
    Jun 5, 2019