Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    I chose Braun series 3, because according to the ad it was supposed to be "tender to skin, rough to facial hair". Well, my skin is all itchy and it got cut four times. It sure is smooth, but the discomfort is too huge.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  2. cabfe
    cabfe
    An electric shaver isn't supposed to cut your skin... Maybe you applied too much force while using it?
    Also, if you don't already, after shave can help soothe the irritation (no alcohol!)
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne, Finnuval and atoms like this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    It is supposed to adapt to my pressure, so that shoulsn't be an issue. But I have problems with acne, so that can be an issue. Also, the cuts were where I cut myself with the razor previous week.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. cabfe
    cabfe
    The skin was probably too thin there then. It'll get better soon.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne and atoms like this.
  5. SolonWise
    SolonWise
    Well, you could just... Not shaving! :D
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    If only that was an option...
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. SolonWise
    SolonWise
    But it is. A lot of women like bearded man, even if we look like a homeless bum.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  8. atoms
    atoms
    You've been told the right advice. I use an electric shaver, they aren't supposed to cut the skin, no. Some can if you press too hard, but if you get one that is smooth to the skin, just go gently and it should get better.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    @SolonWise Tell that to my higher-ups :p
    @atoms The shaver's head should be able to adjust to the pressure and if you press more, it should retract in the place exactly to prevent that. And I did not push too hard either. Well, whatever, next time I'll try wet shaving to see if it improves anything.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  10. gstv87
    gstv87
    I was gifted an old (vintage?) Braun shaver a while ago, and never had to replace it, but it's showing it's age.
    Lately, with all the P&G controversy I decided not to buy anything from them, and Braun is one of the brands they own. So I guess I'll buy Phillips when I can.
    But yeah, Braun is a good choice regardless... rugged, efficient, and reasonable price.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne, Poryg and Philosophus Vagus like this.
  11. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    grow a neckbeard
    Jun 12, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  12. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    I gotta admit... At first I thought this was going to be a very dark subject. Then I read "electric shaver" and I felt dumb lol
    Jun 12, 2019
    atoms, Marsigne and Poryg like this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    @gstv87 Yeah, I thought about buying Phillips one blade, although it's true that the price is kind of a turn off.
    @Romanticist Usually it's not enough to read just the first few words of what I say, it won't make sense :D
    Jun 12, 2019
    atoms, Marsigne and Romanticist like this.