Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    What about your streagy game?
    Jun 13, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    I have a dream turn based strategy game, where you can't cheese it through diplomacy or alternative win conditions. I want a game that forces you to wage war by through aggressive AI. And I want a game where minor lack od tech is not lethal.
    Jun 13, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I saw a lot of inspiration in galactic civilizations (reduction of micromanagement) and master of orion (unstable diplomacy, erratic and aggressive AI and modular spaceships of variable sizes) and I have also introduced a couple of my ideas to expand upon them.
    Jun 13, 2019
  4. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @Poryg, that is great. I really like a good streagy game.
    Jun 13, 2019
  5. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    Although in Galactic Civilization you can easily win with just techs even if all your enemies wage war at you...the tech rush is just too fast since it basically boosts itself.
    Jun 13, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Heirukichi On Halfgod AI it's not that straightforward. But there are essentially multiple cheeses.
    1. Pay tribute instead of building ships. It's cheaper.
    2. research techs the AI does not and trade it for techs they do. Around Dreadnought tech you catch up to them and choose your fave win condition.
    Jun 13, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    3. Trade techs for their space stations. They have tons of modules.
    4. If you're good, you can enter an alliance. If you're evil, you're on your own. So try to pick off the opposing allegiance first.
    Jun 13, 2019
  8. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    That's exactly my point, you research so fast that you can trade for literally anything. However if you balance that in your game I think that you might achieve something that is really good.
    Jun 13, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    I want to eliminate these cheeses. Paying tribute will only be an option if the stronger side is at war, otherwise he'll just attack you and it'll be up to you to try to find your allies, since relations won't play a role in the game.
    Jun 13, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    The AI will judge based on profitability. It will be more prone to ganging up against the strongest guy to try to curb their strength, like in Master of Orion, although it won't threaten you two times before attacking.
    Jun 13, 2019
    Heirukichi likes this.
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    I intend to reduce the number of techs available. Due to modular ship design there also won't be any Corvette or Dreadnought class ships, so the AI won't favor certain tech tree.
    Jun 13, 2019