RPG Maker Forums

Kupotepo
Kupotepo
What about your streagy game?
Poryg
Poryg
I have a dream turn based strategy game, where you can't cheese it through diplomacy or alternative win conditions. I want a game that forces you to wage war by through aggressive AI. And I want a game where minor lack od tech is not lethal.
Poryg
Poryg
I saw a lot of inspiration in galactic civilizations (reduction of micromanagement) and master of orion (unstable diplomacy, erratic and aggressive AI and modular spaceships of variable sizes) and I have also introduced a couple of my ideas to expand upon them.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
@Poryg, that is great. I really like a good streagy game.
Heirukichi
Heirukichi
Although in Galactic Civilization you can easily win with just techs even if all your enemies wage war at you...the tech rush is just too fast since it basically boosts itself.
Poryg
Poryg
@Heirukichi On Halfgod AI it's not that straightforward. But there are essentially multiple cheeses.
1. Pay tribute instead of building ships. It's cheaper.
2. research techs the AI does not and trade it for techs they do. Around Dreadnought tech you catch up to them and choose your fave win condition.
Poryg
Poryg
3. Trade techs for their space stations. They have tons of modules.
4. If you're good, you can enter an alliance. If you're evil, you're on your own. So try to pick off the opposing allegiance first.
Heirukichi
Heirukichi
That's exactly my point, you research so fast that you can trade for literally anything. However if you balance that in your game I think that you might achieve something that is really good.
Reactions: Poryg

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz