Comments on Profile Post by NeoFantasy

1. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Hey, ol' pal. I'm bored, you?
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  2. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Hey, long time no see! Same here, decided to start work on a new game to just help pass the time.
    Jun 14, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  3. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Nice! If you need help with making cutscenes, I'm a wizard in that. :D
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  4. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    True, I just re-watched the old youtube video you made about my brother and I fighting Dalph XD
    Jun 14, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I wish I'd have more audience to do that stuff, but I was hit in the knee, not literally.
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  6. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Was it by an arrow?
    Jun 14, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Maybe. ;)
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy and Marsigne like this.
  9. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I don't like the idea of no one watching it or enjoying it. You know, the "artist doesn't get feedback" rationale. ;)
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  10. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Eh, then just do scenes you want to do, and if you decide to share them you share them.
    Jun 14, 2019
  11. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Good idea. I'll cock up a scene these days and see how it goes.
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  12. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    @bgillisp - Thinking about it (because the earlier statement might have come up out of nowhere), I don't like having unsellable works in general, but I realize I could have some training on the background while doing private works, and I'm bored to death so I might as well do it. :p
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  13. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That's the spirit! It was boredom that led me to make my first game when I was 12. Granted, it wasn't a GOOD game, but the practice was invaluable.
    Jun 14, 2019
  14. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I commend you for keeping working on it. My first game on here was about a game with my best friend, and I mostly worked on a map or two before being on hiatus for too long. :p
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  15. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I've just made a really simple scene and everything's working great, although I feel Ace is kind of clunky. ;)
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  16. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Heh, I've tried other engines and ACE is really good compared to some of them. And MV has a small delay whenever I do anything, so compared to that ACE is vrooming along!
    Jun 14, 2019
  17. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Seems like our issues are different, as mine is more-or-less about patches that should have been made forever ago (I just tested a game and the NPCs off-screen don't move), which I hope are fixed on MV due to hte on-going fixes.
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  18. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    I guess I should have used "outdated" instead of "clunky".
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  19. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Actually, NPC's offscreen not moving are due to how anti-lag scripts work. And in MV that is normal actually so as to reduce PC usage. ACE usually doesn't have them stop actually unless you have an anti-lag script though.

Though, events can't go through other events. That has caused me issues many a times when I forget that.
    Jun 14, 2019
  20. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Hmm, I wanted to do a chase scene but it's kinda dumb when they keep stopping off-screen. I guess having a higher res will work.
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  21. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I think you can get around it with set move route in the controlling event. If not *puts moderator hat on* may need to post a support thread in ACE support *takes off moderator hat*
    Jun 14, 2019
  22. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Odd solution (it only worked with a Parallel Process event) but otherwise works perfectly. :D
    Jun 14, 2019
    NeoFantasy likes this.
  23. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I've actually kind of fixed this by editing the code in Mog's anti-lag script a while ago. I changed the 'update out screen range' to 5 and I haven't had an issue yet.
    Jun 18, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  24. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Nice. I guess my complaints are moreso that it's cumbersome to get back onto the making with a new project because I've got bug-fixing plugins to add. ;)
    Jun 19, 2019