Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Hah. Well, keep trying I guess. Simic isn't the best colors though.
    Jun 16, 2019
  2. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Man, I remember my Blue,black zombie deck. Nothing like playing Rooftop Storm and playing nearly all of my zombies.
    Jun 16, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I was thinking about using blue for card draw and green for mana ramp / creature spam. Problem witn that though, simic is built upon +1/+1 counters, so for EDH it ain't the best choice.
    Jun 16, 2019
  4. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Yeah. Building things take awhile. The problem that I found with EDH (and Magic in general) is that people come up with ridiculously easy combos. Ecspecially with blue.
    Jun 16, 2019
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Blue is by far, the most powerful color. It can counter. It has card draw. It can bounce your creatures. It has far too many answers for everything. I basically got tired of it.
    Jun 16, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, blue is the most op color in EDH. In modern? Not so much, it needs to be comboed. Currently artifacts are the best in modern, because they have x pretty reliable ftks or otks. 2018 mtg world championship finals was only about who can otk first.
    Jun 16, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    In fact some say, Modern has killed MTG. Ever since it got in place, the card prices skyrocketed and every edition had to introduce cheaper and more OP stuff just to keep the game running, essentially killing old school gaming.
    Jun 16, 2019
    Finnuval likes this.
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    Nevertheless, what I'm most angry at is the core set. It always served as an introduction for new players. Easy to understand instants and sorceries. Creatures with no effects, only mana cost. And may the best one win. Nowadays it's quite overwhelming for a beginner.
    Jun 16, 2019
  9. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    The main problem is that it's a very slippery slope in terms of who wins and who loses. When people win, they get free prize packs, which in turn gives them better cards, which in terms leads them to build more expensive decks for free, which in turn leads to them winning tournaments, which in turn leads them to more prize packs... you see where I'm going with this?
    Jun 16, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    But we cannot give all equal stuff. Nobody would try.
    Jun 16, 2019