Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    So you can try to go toe to toe with him at any time, but as you do quests, depending on how they end, he can get weaker/stronger. Also I feel like you would want to do strict no takebacks. 1 save autosaving style.
    Jun 16, 2019
    Marsigne and PixelHeart like this.
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    And things beyond just beating people up matters. Like maybe being in the right place to give some stirring speech, or just delivering a lost memento to a person who had given up.
    Jun 16, 2019
    Marsigne and PixelHeart like this.
  3. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    And really play up the cascading effect. Maybe you bring someone out of their despair doing something very small, and he is the one who turns the tide in a major battle, or saves someone else, etc. etc.
    Jun 16, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Personally, the anti-climax if you turn the tide far enough that he is a pushover would amuse me a lot.
    Jun 16, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Touchfuzzy - or maybe there's no fight at all, or maybe a secret fight against another villain, cuz you ended up giving hope to the embodiment of despair? :3 .... I dunno, maybe that would actually defeat the point.
    Jun 16, 2019
  6. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Maybe have semi-random events that the Despair forces can do, like unleashing a plague on a city, or attacking with an army, and you can go deal with it yourself, but because you can't be everywhere at once, you can also send allies you made earlier through giving them hope.
    Jun 16, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  7. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    @KaBlooZio It would be fun to end with the Embodiment of Despair trying to make some big speech about how he can't be defeated blah blah blah, and like, a little kid just gives him a flower and he vanishes. That is a special scene for if you max out morale/eliminate despair in the kingdom.
    Jun 16, 2019
    PixelHeart likes this.
  8. jkweath
    jkweath
    That's... uh... actually really cool. I love it. Reminds me of Breath of the Wild.
    Jun 16, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    The idea of the mechanic itself sounds interesting. But despair? That sounds way too unrealistic to me.
    Jun 16, 2019
  10. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Poryg - I think they were just using that as a generic example.
    Jun 16, 2019
  11. Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    Nice idea. And maybe you can fight him wherever you want, but depending your actions with the people, he is stronger or weaker.
    Jun 16, 2019
  12. Zanckst
    Zanckst
    I liked the concept!
    Oct 10, 2019