Marsigne likes this.
  2. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Sounds like a breakfast brand. ;)
    Jun 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I name my characters a b c d. These jokes aren't funny to me anymore.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  4. mathmaster74
    mathmaster74
    I like Doc Mitchell in Fallout:New Vegas for exactly this reason. When he asks you your name and you type it in, he says, "Hah, I can't say it's what I'd of picked for you, but if that's your name, that's your name." Smart NPC writing, because it really works regardless of what you input. :)
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne and Windows i7 like this.
  5. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I'm planning to have several of the other characters notice and comment if you type something vulgar in as your name (as well as if you have a really common, "boring" name). Not sure I'd be able to catch something like 'Poopfarts', but maybe I could if I searched for words within the name, rather than matching an entire name. :D
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  6. Artificer
    Artificer
    It is a classic; in Pokemon Gold or Ocarina of Time i named my character stuff like: "Ehh?" "Hey!!" "Yo!" "Me", and stuff like that, there are some ones that are for personal use haha.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. mathmaster74
    mathmaster74
    @Artificer Heh. Yeah. In the streams of the Release Something Event entries this year there was a dating sim and you got to name each guy as you met him. We were using "Nobody", "Somebody", "Anybody", and "Everybody" to get results like "Nobody left you." and "Somebody seems to like you." Lol!
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne and Artificer like this.
  8. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And then I'm boring and just use the default names.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Artificer and Marsigne like this.
  9. Artificer
    Artificer
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  10. Poryg
  11. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    @Poryg I stopped at the first sentence.
    Jun 19, 2019