Comments on Profile Post by bgillisp

1. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And if someone wants to be really different, seems Antarctica has a program for high school students. Now THAT would be a unique setting for a game.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne and FallenStar27 like this.
  2. mathmaster74
    mathmaster74
    If I made a game set in a high school, it would be a US high school because that's my only frame of reference. Then again, I'd probably never do it, because high school sucked (both as a student and teacher) and I don't need the constant reminder of that in my work. Lol!
    Jun 17, 2019
  3. jkweath
    jkweath
    I'm thinking frame of reference like Mathmaster said. Seems like most games that are set in a high school are made in Japan to begin with. Can't think of any western games like that.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    probably because most games that sets itself in a school is Japan made?
    Jun 17, 2019
  5. Archeia
    Archeia
    Isn't it because a lot of RPG games are made by Japanese?
    Jun 17, 2019
  6. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I just may have to buck the trend then. Next up, an RPG set in a high school in the Sahara Desert! No?
    Jun 17, 2019
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    It is like asking "Why an Alien attack always happen in either America or Japan?"
    Jun 17, 2019
  8. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Do you mean visual novels? I can't name a high school rpg off the top of my head. If whatever you're thinking of was mane in japan, that's why.
    Jun 17, 2019
  9. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Both. And there are RPG makers not in Japan. I guess they just don't ever use the HS setting from what I can see.
    Jun 17, 2019
  10. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @mathmaster74 : I understand that. If I based a game on my HS it would involve my HS crush transferring to another school, then once I moved on and found someone else she disappeared without a trace.

Would make for a depressing game I know.
    Jun 17, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.
  11. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You know what, if I ever make a school setting, it's probably similar to Japan as we adopted the same/similar system, except maybe the school building structure (tall building for classes, a large schoolyard right in front of the entrance, etc)
    Jun 17, 2019
  12. FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Maybe the art is all anime so they set it in japan.
    Jun 17, 2019