RPG Maker Forums

bgillisp
bgillisp
And if someone wants to be really different, seems Antarctica has a program for high school students. Now THAT would be a unique setting for a game.
mathmaster74
mathmaster74
If I made a game set in a high school, it would be a US high school because that's my only frame of reference. Then again, I'd probably never do it, because high school sucked (both as a student and teacher) and I don't need the constant reminder of that in my work. Lol!
jkweath
jkweath
I'm thinking frame of reference like Mathmaster said. Seems like most games that are set in a high school are made in Japan to begin with. Can't think of any western games like that.
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
probably because most games that sets itself in a school is Japan made?
Archeia
Archeia
Isn't it because a lot of RPG games are made by Japanese?
bgillisp
bgillisp
I just may have to buck the trend then. Next up, an RPG set in a high school in the Sahara Desert! No?
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
It is like asking "Why an Alien attack always happen in either America or Japan?"
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Do you mean visual novels? I can't name a high school rpg off the top of my head. If whatever you're thinking of was mane in japan, that's why.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Both. And there are RPG makers not in Japan. I guess they just don't ever use the HS setting from what I can see.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RM MV ACE? 2020? Super? Legends? Sword and Shield? 2.5D? RM Pixel? RM 2: Revenge of Squared RTP tiles? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering about what will be the name of the next engine.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GooseDenigoku