Comments on Profile Post by MushroomCake28

1. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    That was the skill selection screen, here's the general command selection screen: https://i.imgur.com/ilkb83T.png
    Jun 17, 2019
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Oops, sorry wrong link, here's the right one for the general command selection screen:
    Jun 17, 2019
  3. BlueMage
    BlueMage
    {\__/}
    ( • - •) Candy?
    / >--@ it cost only 1 like
    Jun 17, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  4. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Looks like you have some really interesting stuff going on in your combat system! I think it's great you're including all kinds of important info on your UI, but the layout is iffy and there's so much text. A couple of more detailed comments below.
    Jun 18, 2019
  5. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    The lack of an area to draw the player's eye hurts it - I feel like my eye is giving equal weight to all three areas (ATB area, Skill Select area, Character HUDs area). While the player is selecting a skill, try to focus their eye on the Skill Select area. Is a big GUI element really the best place to display the enemies' HP bars?
    Jun 18, 2019
  6. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Some text may be unnecessary - do we need to know the Levels of abilities on the combat GUI? Do we need labels like "Element" or can the icons speak for themselves? Could MP and Soul cost be combined into a single line that says "Cost: 75 MP" or "Cost: 75 MP, [soul icon] [soul icon]"?
    Jun 18, 2019
  7. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    All of these comments I made are pretty picky, but I do want to say that it's still far better than not showing this info, and seems like it's already in a decent state. With some more rework, you'll have a really slick and helpful GUI to match what looks like a very cool combat system.
    Jun 18, 2019
  8. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps I'll rework the proportions a bit (the enemy hp section and timeline could have a smaller height maybe).
    Jun 18, 2019