Ryisunique
Wait, someone hasn't done this already?
Vance Raehart
Vance Raehart
Can it just be one word 5000 times?
Reactions: Jenova
Windows i7
Windows i7
Icons and emotes instead of dialog? lol.
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Ryisunique : I'm pretty sure many of the old early 80's RPGs have less than 5000 words. But it would be interesting to try to do it now.

@Vance Raehart : Sure, though I can guess what word you mean, as I think that's been done.
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Windows i7 : A lot of show instead of tell. May have to leave some things open to interpretation. Or maybe the dialogue is just "Kill Evil Wizard." "Ok."
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Does this include the item/skill description?
NeoFantasy
NeoFantasy
I believe 'A Bird Story' was told without any dialogue, though I don't think that quite counts as an rpg.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Not hard to do. Dungeon crawler.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
I've always wanted to try to do an entire RPG with no text at all, but it would require being a much better artist than I am. (You would need a lot of emoting from sprites to really make it work imo).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detreyus