Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    I managed to waste some nice scammer time this time without even investing more than few minutes in total of mine.
    Jun 21, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  2. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    I want to eventually mess with one of those tech support scammers by having them try to hijack a honeypot VM that allows me to record all their interactions, and the IP doing it. Then send that data to the IC3 (a division of the FBI that deals with cybercrimes)
    Jun 21, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  3. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Yeah, their government budget is really hurting. In fact, last week Chinese Premier Li Kequing was found staying at a Motel 6! :p
    Jun 21, 2019
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    These posts remind me of the time I read a blog by those who tried to bait the scammers. Usually it was the Nigerian prince scam, but there were others still too. My favorite is the guy who got $80 from one of them by stating that he was a monk who can only withdraw up to x amount in his life, else there was a fee.
    Jun 21, 2019
    Kes, Poryg and Marsigne like this.
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Then once the scammer send the $80 to pay the fee, he emailed him pretending to be his supervisor saying brother so and so has ran off and joined a traveling circus, and stole from us $10000. I am handling all of his contacts now. What was his business with you?
    Jun 21, 2019
    Kes and Marsigne like this.
  6. Kes
    Kes
    Jun 21, 2019
  7. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    The first time I read it I thought you were into a strange courier company.
    Jun 22, 2019